Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Help deciding on a Laguna dust collector. 1.5hp or 2hp?

Quote Originally Posted by glenn bradley View Post
    I'd double check your review sources. The JDS and Laguna twins did not really fare very well in reviews I read IIRC. If you need the compact size, you will give up on performance and sometimes that's just a reality. I wanted a 3HP but it was "too much work" to make it fit where I wanted it so I went with a 2HP and have had buyers remorse to some degree ever since. On the upside, I will never make a decision in error like that again ;-)
    Thanks for the advice. Looks like I need to save a bit longer and go for a 3hp Oneida.

There was someone a while back mailing their testing equipment to other members. Would be nice if a few guys with different systems would check their systems after installing. I suspect the v3000 will compare to a smaller unit with larger impeller, but we could pick up some valuable data here.

near San Diego: unincorporated section of county
    Just my gut feeling opinion, but if you eventually plan to go to the time, effort and expense of stationary DC with fixed ducting installed to each machine, then I would not bother with anything less than 3HP. Some 3HP DCs must be portable enough to serve your needs today, but also be a good foundation for the future.

Yes, I agree. I can make a rolling base to give me the portability I need now, and set myself up for the future. A big thanks to all of you that responded.

Justin