Thread: Grizzly G0513X2 Band Saw

Grizzly G0513X2 Band Saw

Does anyone in the Atlanta area have a Grizzly G0513X2 band saw? I am planning to buy one, but would like to actually see one first. Thank you.

looks like a heck of a machine. any particular issues you are wondering about? I have been looking at the G0513X2F myself and based on my experience in the last month with the TS and Jointer from Grizzly I received, I have no doubt the machine will be more than satisfactory. All I need is a little more cash in the wallet. Any reason you are looking at the G0513X2 vs the GO513X2F, just wondering.

Blog Entries
    Sorry you're not getting a lot of traction on this Steve. The basic frame that all the models are built off of is the same and there are tons of owners on here of one flavor or another. Is there something particular I could help with? I have a G0513X 'tweener' model.
    "A hen is only an egg's way of making another egg".

– Samuel Butler

Thanks for the responses. Based on what I've read, I suspect all the G0513 models are good saws and Grizzly has a great comparison table showing the differences. I chose the X2 model because I want cast iron wheels. I did not choose the X2F model because I don't think I need the magnetic switch or brake. The more I think about this, the more indecisive I get. I suspect, I could flip a coin and any one of these models would meet my needs. It still would be nice to see one before placing the order - maybe someone else will respond. (Paul - I agree, Canada is a bit far to drive to see the saw. But, thanks for the offer.)

Steve,

I do, call me.

Ralph

It takes about 25 seconds for my GO513X2 to spin down and it makes almost zero noise. Wearing earmuffs it's impossible to hear and I've gotten my hand uncomfortably close to the moving blade. If I had a do over I'd opt for spending the extra $ for the BF brake option without hesitation .

g
    I've only had one...in dog beers.

Gary:

Thanks for the suggestion. Several other people have said the same thing, so I am probably going to get one with a brake. On Monday, I will call Grizzly to learn about their different braking systems. They have a foot brake, a motor brake, and a foot brake with micro switch. Thanks again.

Steve

Blog Entries
    I'll chime back in. I do not have a brake and it was not offered at the time I got mine. Even if it was I doubt I would have thought to get one. There have not been many times that I wished the blade would hurry up and stop but, there have been enough that knowing what I know now, I would get a manual one for the convenience factor.

That's the great thing about forums; you get to learn from other's experiences. I agree the saw is spooky-quiet. Mine was quiet right off the bat. I fine tuned the pulley alignment and added a link belt and now it is . . . well . . . spooky-quiet. I have left it running without realizing it and have even toyed with the idea of adding a light to indicate that it is running.
    "A hen is only an egg's way of making another egg".

– Samuel Butler

I bought the GO513X2 this winter. I would feel a bit safer if I had gotten the brake.