Thread: Great Stripper!

Great Stripper!

Now that I have your attention, I really do have a great paint stripper. If you've ever used Jasco Paint and Epoxy Remover, you know what I mean. It says it works in 15 minutes and it does. Another stripper I used took 3 applications at least, to strip a bed and even at that, it was not a super clean job. This Jasco works amazingly well. In 10 minutes the black is bubbling up...I then start working it with a steel brush. By that time, I'm just working loose the stubborn stuff. Just a few minutes of that and I can wipe away the crud, leaving a super clean surface.
    I'm so glad I found this stuff, as it is a real time saver. It's turned a 2 hour job into a 1/2 hour job. Just thought you'd like to know.

Blog Entries
    You have to admit that the tag on this thread is an attention getter.

Blog Entries
    My first experience with Jasco was back in the late 1960s.

Be sure to wear protection.

jtk
    "A pessimist sees the difficulty in every opportunity; an optimist sees the opportunity in every difficulty."
    - Sir Winston Churchill (1874-1965)

The methylene chloride based strippers usually work very well but it is rough stuff from a personal health and safety standpoint. Make sure to use it in a very well ventilated area - it is bad for you in low concentrations, it has poor warning properties, and typical cartridge respirators don't provide adequate protection against it.