Page 12 of 23 FirstFirst ... 2891011121314151622 ... LastLast

Thread: Official 2015 MLB Thread

Wow the Rockies stink. Pitching woes coupled with strangled bats leads to overconsumption of park fare. Ugh...this team is going to give me an ulcer.
    Wood: a fickle medium....

Did you know SMC is user supported? Please help.

BTW, one could put up a roomy shop in the foul ball area at the Oakland Coliseum.

Quote Originally Posted by Chris Padilla View Post
    Wow the Rockies stink. Pitching woes coupled with strangled bats leads to overconsumption of park fare. Ugh...this team is going to give me an ulcer.
    jeeeezzz....

just checked out the game. your pitchers do not screw around, do they? a pair of 2-run homers in the first, before you drank and ate enough to throw up.

btw - reminds me of the time in '85 jack morris tried to kill me.

tigers at chisox, visiting friends, last minute tickets at comiskey - only seats available were straight-away left center field, in literally the last row. way the heck back.

morris had this thing - he would give up one or 2 long balls early, then shut them down.

this game, in the first, he grooved 2 gophers that were hit on a frozen rope right at me...they arrived at warp 4..guys in front and beside me saved my butt, or i would have eaten those two.

unfortunately, morris skipped the "shut them down" part that day, and was gone mid-3d.
    When I started woodworking, I didn't know squat. I have progressed in 30 years - now I do know squat.

Annnnnnd............

The Tigers' bullpen starts yet one more dumpster fire...losing in the 14th

They did keep it line after the 8th, but still..............you don't cough it up at home in the 14th................

yeeeesh
    When I started woodworking, I didn't know squat. I have progressed in 30 years - now I do know squat.

The Rocks had their ace on the mound and he shut 'em down cold. Rocks squeaked by 2-1 last night. Rubber game tonight.

Any thoughts about the ASG rosters? Snubs? Those there that shouldn't. I've been voting like crazy to see if I can get my buddy Tulo on there as the fan vote-in.

I've read a few ideas being floated..everyone seems to agree on importance of fan involvement, but not like the KC fiasco. I like the idea that players pick 3 for each position, and then let the fans vote on those for the starting lineup. The 2 managers get to fill out the line-up as they do today, or all the managers vote and collectively select the rest of the teams.

I don't see any real snubs, even though arguments can be made. Anyone that should have been on would take the place of someone else that is legit.

Except A-Rod. He shouldn't be anywhere near it. The Jerk Exclusion Rule.

Because the fans get behind the Kansas City players it's a fiasco sounds like sour grapes to me
    Thanks John
    Don't take life too seriously. No one gets out alive anyway!

No sour grapes. Not at all, John. Great fan support - I applaud them.

But from the point of view of who really is the best in the AL at their respective positions - - at one point, 8 KC players had the voting lead - I doth protest.

And - MLB cancelled out > 60 million votes.

Even Miggy - the best hitter on the planet - was behind the KC 1st base guy for quite a while. Then he took the lead, and unfortunately got injured. Who got the nod in his place? Someone from KC? Nope - some unknown named Pujols.

Apparently, you and I have a different view of what the qualifications are for a player to start in the All-Star game. For you, it is to repetitively hit "Enter" on the vote site that preloads your entire team for the ballot - 35 times. If the KC fans are anxious to see 8 KC players start against an NL team - the Pirates are in town in a couple weeks.

For me - the guys that earned it on the field in the first half of 2015 should get the honor. The only Tigers I voted for this year were Miggy, Price, and Iglesias. V Mart was out too much with injuries. JD Mart was a strong consideration, but after I thought about it, I passed. And - it turns out that Price, Iglesias, and JD Mart were named - so, I missed one.

Kent first a little history about me grew up in New York I was a Giants fan they moved became a Mets fan , I move to the West Coast two years before the Padres became a National League team I took up on them move to Kansas and had a hard time becoming a Royals firm we were here for the 85 World Series then they went downhill Now playing exciting baseball so this means that my background for other players is limited mytake on theAll-Star game it' for the fans do I think it's fair it's overloaded with one team of course not I do think it's great that Kansas City so excited about the team of course I also think it would be great to see another I 70 World Series they have been averaging 33,500 a game in attendance if I'm not mistaken the stadium only holds 35,000/damn near a sell out every game .
    Thanks John
    Don't take life too seriously. No one gets out alive anyway!

Blog Entries
    Well, the Nationals just lost to the Orioles 2-3. They were up 2-1 in the 8th but gave up a run in the 8th and another in the 9th. Don't you just hate it when the bullpen blows a game?

Oh well, maybe tomorrow, They play the O's Saturday and Sunday.

PHM

The Horror. The Horror!!

NO - that's not a quote from Conrad's Heart of Darkness.

That is the Tigers Bullpen.

Tigers up 6-1 after 8-1/2 innings at the Twinkies.

Then, the rules say they have to play the bottom of the 9th.

6-8 final score.

The bit I admire best - the Twins even scored on an HBP with the bases loaded. You gonna give up 7 in the bottom of the 9th, you might as well be creative about it, eh? Anybody in the Tigers pen can walk in a run, but to nail a batter - that's more rare.

Blog Entries
    Thanks Kent, Now I don't feel so bad.

Only counts as 1 loss brudda.

PHM

I for the life of me cannot figure out how Brian Dozier did not make it. 19 hrs and TWO walk off home runs this week. What a joke...
    Doug Swanson

Where are John Keeton and Steve Schlumpf anyway?

This just in:

A video recap of the Tigers 'pen in the bottom of the 9th last night in Minnie-ha-ha:

Actually - that building came down this morning to clear room for the new Red Wings stadium in downtown Detroit. But - the symbolism was too much to ignore........