Page 22 of 23 FirstFirst ... 12181920212223 LastLast

Thread: Official 2015 MLB Thread

Quote Originally Posted by Chris Padilla View Post
    Fixed it for you, Larry.
    True dat, bro........

And many of them were making the obligatory middle-reliever $1mm per season, or more. Plus meal money and top-notch hotels and private flights and clubhouse guys to cater to them and wash their uniforms.

I wonder if they are embarrassed at their pay stubs each month? Or, at least, offer to do the laundry after each fiasco on the mound?
    When I started woodworking, I didn't know squat. I have progressed in 30 years - now I do know squat.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Kent A Bathurst View Post
    Correct Answer: Hire the Tigers bullpen. Hopefully 5 or 6 of them will be looking for work this off season

The Rangers will probably hire them!
    Well, we did get one of the Tiger rejects, he has worked out pretty well this year.
    Last edited by Larry Browning; 10-05-2015 at 6:09 PM.
    Larry J Browning
    There are 10 kinds of people in this world; Those who understand binary and those who don't.

Blog Entries
    My son is a baseball junkie and he grew up going to Ranger games in the late 70's. He texted me after the game on Saturday, said he had to go outside and throw rocks into the neighbors yard he was so mad. He didn't say how the neighbor reacted though. Come to think of it, I haven't heard from him since that last text. I wonder if the neighbor is a Angels fan
    Larry J Browning
    There are 10 kinds of people in this world; Those who understand binary and those who don't.

Blog Entries
    Well, the Rangers always find a way to prolong the agony. We win 2 games on the road to a team that is supposed take the series in 3 games. We only have to win one more at home..... Didn't happen.
    Larry J Browning

Blog Entries
    Well, still Larry, The Rangers are a good team. They won their division and made the playoffs. Won a couple of playoff games. Better than most of the teams did.

PHM

Blog Entries
    That's true. A bunch of over achievers!
    They have surprised me all season (Well at least the last half of it). So, who's to say they won't win it all and flabbergast me?
    Larry J Browning

This thread STILL going?! hehehe (go jays)
    Wood: a fickle medium....

Did you know SMC is user supported? Please help.

For the first time since before Fred Flinstone bought his first car, the Cubs win a division game at home. Jack Brickhouse and Harry Caray just arrived for the celebration.
    “Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry, and narrow-mindedness..." - Mark Twain

Quote Originally Posted by Julie Moriarty View Post
    ......the Cubs win a division game at home....
    .....of which [division games, home or not] there were none until 1969, Julie, my dear.
    When I started woodworking, I didn't know squat. I have progressed in 30 years - now I do know squat.

I'm not so sure. I heard Barney Rubble was a pretty decent shortstop for the Cubbies back in the day.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Yonak Hawkins View Post
    I'm not so sure. I heard Barney Rubble was a pretty decent shortstop for the Cubbies back in the day.

I always thought he was the catcher.
    Larry J Browning

Quote Originally Posted by Kent A Bathurst View Post
    .....of which [division games, home or not] there were none until 1969, Julie, my dear.
    Which is proof how effective the marketing campaign "Wait until next year" has been.
    “Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry, and narrow-mindedness..." - Mark Twain

Blog Entries
    The Mets are kind of looking amazing again aren't they?

I'm rooting for the Cubs but it's not looking too good for them at the moment.

PHM

Did you see the shellacking that Toronto got last night
    Thanks John
    Don't take life too seriously. No one gets out alive anyway!

I was hoping Tulo might make it back to the WS but not looking too good right now.
    Wood: a fickle medium....

Did you know SMC is user supported? Please help.