Page 1 of 23 1234511 ... LastLast

Thread: Official 2015 MLB Thread

Official 2015 MLB Thread

Verlander is on the DL. Nathan is also. Porcello with the BoSox. Both Fister and Scherzer throwing for the Senators. That is the closer and 4 starters from 2 years ago; closer and 2 Cy Young starters from last year.

What's that mean?

Detroit is 8-1 - best record in MLB. Only one run off the MLB lead for fewest runs allowed. 50 points - Fifty Points - in front of the 2d place team in ERA.

Hot Dang!! Here we go.................... Buy me some peanuts and CrackerJack.............

When I started woodworking, I didn't know squat. I have progressed in 30 years - now I do know squat.

Counting chickens awfully early big boy. Besides, aren't you supposed to be rooting for the Braves?

You do know the Senators moved to Minnesota decades ago and the Expos moved to Washington to become the Nationals.

Blog Entries
    How did they go from 14th in preseason standings to this? Keeping my fingers crossed. Didn't really pay too much attention until three of my friend's kids were batboys at the same time for the Tigers about 7 years ago. Still golf with the kids.
    NOW you tell me...

Blog Entries
    Glad to see someone's playing well.

Hope the Nationals don't dig too big of a hole for themselves. They are currently 4-6.

Not hitting well.

Fielding is terrible, 11 errors in 10 games, hard to watch.

Pitching is hanging in there.

PHM

I think 3 of the kitties wins came against my Twins and they aren't any powerhouse that's for sure (293 losses past 4 years).

Why don't we start an 'Official 2014 MLB Thread' in here? My Rockies are in LA for a 3-game series...battle for first place. Atlanta and Colorado are the only two unbeaten teams on the road at 3-0 and 6-0, respectively.

I think you need a new avatar, Kent.
    Wood: a fickle medium....

Did you know SMC is user supported? Please help.

Quote Originally Posted by Pat Barry View Post
    I think 3 of the kitties wins came against my Twins and they aren't any powerhouse that's for sure (293 losses past 4 years).
    The Twins beat KC twice.

Quote Originally Posted by Bill McNiel View Post
    Counting chickens awfully early big boy. Besides, aren't you supposed to be rooting for the Braves?
    Early? Preseason is early. The game is afoot starting with Opening Day. Hope springs eternal, my friend.

"Well, beat the drum and hold the phone,
    The sun came out today.
    We're born again, there's new grass on the field.............."

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=04KQydlJ-qc

Lived in Michigan for many years. Saw hundreds of games in Tiger Stadium, including 40+ in '84. Moved to Atlanta - - they have this thing called the "National League". Never heard of it.

Except in '68 and '84 - briefly. I vaguely recall a cameo by Nat League teams those years.

BTW - when they demolished Tiger Stadium, I bought a pair of reserved seats - they sit on my patio. On some days, I put on my fitted wool cap, my Whitaker jersey, grab a beer, and go sit in the stands once again, and reminisce about the halcyon days.

Quote Originally Posted by Chris Damm View Post
    You do know the Senators moved to Minnesota decades ago and the Expos moved to Washington to become the Nationals.

Ummm....... You skipped a chunk of history, Chris. The 1901 Senators moved to Minnie-ha-ha in 1960. Replaced by an expansion Senators team in '61, who moved to Arlington in 1971.

My family moved from Michigan to Northern Virginia in August '70. Two months later, the Senators traded the left side of their infield and 2 pitchers to the Tigers for that whack-job Denny Mclain. I had thought I was shut of that character.........but Noooooo....he followed me to DC.

Fortunately, Bob Short took them to Texas after that season.

After that Mclain fiasco, any team in DC will always be the Senators to me.
    When I started woodworking, I didn't know squat. I have progressed in 30 years - now I do know squat.

Quote Originally Posted by Chris Padilla View Post
    Why don't we start an 'Official 2014 MLB Thread' in here? My Rockies are in LA for a 3-game series...battle for first place. Atlanta and Colorado are the only two unbeaten teams on the road at 3-0 and 6-0, respectively.

I think you need a new avatar, Kent.
    Could we make it the 2015 thread instead???

Whatcha got in mind for the avatar, Chris? I'm known for being open-minded.......

LOL...fat-fingered the 4 instead of 5. DOH! Yes, I don't want to remember 2014 again...ugh.

How about your Detroit D?

Oh, and the NL is where REAL baseball is played with EVERYONE in the field batting....

Blog Entries
    I know it's early but my Mets, after too many awful years, are in first place
    Dennis

Quote Originally Posted by dennis thompson View Post
    I know it's early but my Mets, after too many awful years, are in first place
    Ride the wave, Dennis!! You got it locked, brudda !!!

And - quit reading those articles about A-Rod. That is my resolution this season: Not. One. Word.

Well, except the box scores than the Yanks play the Tigers.

The first meeting of the OOL [Only One Loss] team's fans has just concluded.

None of you other teams' guys knew it was scheduled because there was no need to tell you.

Some excellent cabernet. Too bad you missed it.

EDIT: Just read this. Sounds promising..........

" .....the last time the Tigers started 9-1, they won the World Series. That was 1984
    The previous time the Tigers started 9-1? They won the World Series. That was 1968."
    Last edited by Kent A Bathurst; 04-17-2015 at 11:15 PM.