Page 21 of 23 FirstFirst ... 1117181920212223 LastLast

Thread: Official 2015 MLB Thread

Quote Originally Posted by Harold Burrell View Post
    Unless you are a Tigers fan right now.
    ...or Rockies fan....

And Larry, I dunno what you read but I NEVER thought the Rockies would run away with the division. Kent had more delusions of grandeur with his Tigers. LOL
    Wood: a fickle medium....

Did you know SMC is user supported? Please help.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Chris Padilla View Post
    ...or Rockies fan....

And Larry, I dunno what you read but I NEVER thought the Rockies would run away with the division. Kent had more delusions of grandeur with his Tigers. LOL
    True enough, I wasn't thinking about the Rockies, more about the Nats and the Kittens.

My expectations of the Rangers have always been pretty low for this year. In fact, even though they are on a winning streak right now, it will really surprise me if they make the playoffs at all. Even if somehow they do make the playoffs, I don't expect them to make it past the first round.

2011 still stings. So I have learned not to expect too much from the Rangers, I live a happier life that way. I was depressed for 6 months after that World Series. I still can't watch a Cardinals game, it brings back too many bad memories!
    Last edited by Larry Browning; 09-03-2015 at 1:05 PM.
    Larry J Browning
    There are 10 kinds of people in this world; Those who understand binary and those who don't.

Blog Entries
    I have to admit, I thought the Nationals were going to be good this year. Win their division and do some good in the playoffs.

Shows what I know.

PHM

...so now that football season is upon us....

Blog Entries
    Bravo Max Scherzer. 2 no hitters in one year. He certainly had his moments this year.

For those of you whose teams are in the playoffs, Good luck to you.

PHM

I haven't been following the thread, just watched it grow over the summer. Haven't been following the Tigers for a while now. Every time I would turn on the radio (no cable TV) and listen to Dan Dickerson and Jim Price I would have a Dr. Smith moment: Oh, the pain, the pain.

But today is the last day of the Tiger's miser- um, season. At 3:00 I'll fire up the wireless, lean back and listen. Then start waiting for warm weather once again.

Next Year!

-Tom

Tom -- I dunno about next year. They ahve to do something about the 'pen - their Achilles Heel for a few years. And the guns have to stay healthy. And they need some starting pitching, which is my segue to...

Paul, my friend. A truly remarkable season for the Senators. The highs, the lows, and the strange - strange as in Papelbon choking out the Cosmic MVP in the dugout.

Buit the highs - the very, very good - came from the Tigers at a price of $30mm annually for 7 years. I dunno what Max can do in year 5, much less 6 or 7, but thisyear...jeeeeezzz...

a clip from the WaPost:

"As Scherzer charged through what was almost undoubtedly the greatest pitching season in Nationals history — a team record 276 strikeouts and a 2.79 ERA and league-leading strikeout-to-walk ratio of 8.12 in 228 innings — he carried a no-hitter through five innings six times. He carried a no-hitter through six innings four times. Three times, he was one out away from a perfect game...............

Scherzer did not walk a batter Saturday. He did not walk one against the Pirates in June, either. In major league history, there have been 32 no-hitters thrown without a walk. Scherzer threw two of them this season. No one has struck out more hitters in those 32 games than Scherzer, whose 17 strikeouts are two more than the next highest total in a hit-free, walk-free showing. Since 1914, there have been 10 games thrown in which the pitcher allowed one base runner, no walks, and no hits. Scherzer threw two of them, including Saturday night’s."

Just think about what those paragraphs say. The man is not human. Not this year, anyway. It is truly sad he does not get to mow down the other teams in the playoffs. But then, he would not have had that chance in Detroit either, is my judgement.
    When I started woodworking, I didn't know squat. I have progressed in 30 years - now I do know squat.

Blog Entries
    He was unreal at times Kent. He came within a whisker (1 hit, real late) of throwing (3) no hitters in one year.

Bryce Harper had a great year too.

Dang it.

PHM

I assume there was a "thanks, Tiger fan" in there somewhere.

You are welcome.
    When I started woodworking, I didn't know squat. I have progressed in 30 years - now I do know squat.

Blog Entries
    Yes Kent, thanks.

Maybe next year brudda, for both of us.

I do like watching the games.

PHM

Well, at least the Tigers ended the season with a win.

Kent, I'm pretty easy to please when it comes to the Tigers- they don't have to be World Series contenders. Just at least TRY. This season opiates weren't enough to make it through some games.

-Tom

I'm just hoping for some love for my boy, Nolan Arenado, but I know a last-place team tends to gather little interest. 42 HRs and 130 RBIs is a pretty decent season and I guess he broke the record for extra base hits from the 3B spot. Oh well. Like everyone else, need some arms and an improved bullpen.

Blog Entries
    I am still trying to figure out how my Rangers made it to the playoffs, let alone winning their division! Don't get me wrong, I am glad they won the division, but I can think of at least 2 teams in the division that are better than they are. That game Saturday is exactly why I don't give them a snowball's chance in H E double hockey sticks of getting past the Blue Jay's. How do you lose a game with a 4 run lead in the 9th inning? Answer: Play for the Texas Rangers! It reminded me of game 6 of the 2011 World Series. (Which I still don't want to talk about!)
    Larry J Browning
    There are 10 kinds of people in this world; Those who understand binary and those who don't.

Quote Originally Posted by Larry Browning View Post
    How do you lose a game with a 4 run lead in the 9th inning?
    Correct Answer: Hire the Tigers bullpen. Hopefully 5 or 6 of them will be looking for work this off season

Quote Originally Posted by Kent A Bathurst View Post
    Correct Answer: Hire the Tigers OR ROCKIES bullpen. Hopefully 5 or 6 of them will be looking for work this off season
    Fixed it for you, Larry.