Page 20 of 23 FirstFirst ... 101617181920212223 LastLast

Thread: Official 2015 MLB Thread

Blog Entries

Am I dreaming?

The Mets are in first place by 5 games! They have scored 14 runs in each of their last two games.
    Am I dreaming?
    Dennis

No...but they are playing the BP-throwing Rockies pitching staff....
    Wood: a fickle medium....

Did you know SMC is user supported? Please help.

Calling Chris Padilla..........

The Rox got David Hale from the Braves. He started tonight. Quoting from the Denver Post:

"Hale admitted that making mechanical changes just days before a big-league start made for a difficult day on the mound."

Ya THINK??

"Two of Hale's wild pitches resulted in New York runners scoring from third. In the second, Wilmer Flores and Conforto scored back-to-back runs off Hale's wild pitches."

Please tell me he throws a knuckleball......but I don't think he does. Pretty interesting way to try to impress your new bosses.............
    When I started woodworking, I didn't know squat. I have progressed in 30 years - now I do know squat.

Yep, not impressive although he did have 9 Ks. It was feast or famine with him on the hill. "Memorably scattershot" was the headline for Hale's debut.

Blog Entries
    5" Fair Kent. Sorry about that brudda. It would have been nice for him to throw another no hitter.

Not even 5"...the ball kicked up chalk (or paint) as it hit the line (and it looked like it was on the outside part of the line (which is still fair)).

The classy part was the post game interview where Verlander thanked the fans (multiple times) for their support.

His last four outings have been the best four-game stretch in his career - he hit 101 mph in the 9th. I guess he's finally back in form from his injury.
    "Don't worry. They couldn't possibly hit us from that dist...."

Yeah - JV just smiled and shook his head. At least is wasn't a Galarraga one-hitter game.......

He has been great - for past 4 games or so - unfortunately, his team has not always shown up for him.
    When I started woodworking, I didn't know squat. I have progressed in 30 years - now I do know squat.

Kent did you know that the Detroit Tigers are playing the Royals a 3 game set starting on tues
    Last edited by John A langley; 08-28-2015 at 1:32 PM.
    Thanks John
    Don't take life too seriously. No one gets out alive anyway!

Quote Originally Posted by John A langley View Post
    Kent did you know that the Detroit Tigers are playing the Royals a 3 game set starting on tues
    John, brudda.......

I am in this "avoid reality" place at the moment - if I do not acknowledge it, then it cannot happen.

Doubt it will work, but thought I'd give it a try.

At least I've got JV and V-Mart back at full strength.............for whatever that is worth.

Interesting facts about the pitchers the Tigers got rid of - see next post..........

OK - There are 4 top-notch starting pitchers recently departed from the tigers........

Scherzer, Fister, Porcello, Price. Last 7 games:

Scherzer: 1-3; 39 innings; 22 ER; 5.08 ERA
    Fister: 1-2; 23.2 innings; 15 ER; 5.70 ERA
    Porcello: 2-3; 35.0 innings; 23 ER; 5.14 ERA
    Price: 4-1; 50.1 innings; 15 ER; 2.68 ERA

The world seemed to end each time one of these guys left. Turns out, it didn't.

OK - I've got it:

Detroit does not have a pitching staff. They have a bunch of pinatas.

15-1 party in Toronto this afternoon.

Yeeesh............

The Jays are something else. Remind me a bit of Colorado's run back in 2007 when they finished up the season winning 21/22 games and played San Diego (Game #163 for the season) and then proceeded to mow everyone down in the playoffs, sat for 8 days while Boston dinked around with The Tribe, and lost 0-4 to Boston in the WS. sigh.....

http://mlb.mlb.com/mlb/schedule/ps.jsp?y=07 Oh the memories....

Blog Entries
    I'm watching the Nationals play the Cardinals. Hope the Nationals can win tonight. They'll still lose the series but I'm hoping they don't get swept.

I've been watching baseball since the late 60's, I don't think the Cardinals have made any changes to their home uniforms. Good for them. It's good looking. Leave it be.

PHM

Blog Entries
    I have been keeping up with this thread, reading about how all these teams that were supposed to be running away with their divisions are "stinking" (get it Chris and Kent? Ha ha, I kill myself!) it up and then I look up and here are my Rangers who really should be at the bottom of their division just keep winning and are just 2 game out of first and are holding onto a wild card spot. Baseball is a funny game for sure.
    Larry J Browning
    There are 10 kinds of people in this world; Those who understand binary and those who don't.

Quote Originally Posted by Larry Browning View Post
    Baseball is a funny game for sure.
    Unless you are a Tigers fan right now.
    I am never wrong.

Well...I thought I was wrong once...but I was mistaken.