Page 15 of 23 FirstFirst ... 5111213141516171819 ... LastLast

Thread: Official 2015 MLB Thread

Aww...........fer cryin' out loud..........

Tiger's bullpen, Seattle @ Detroit, top of the 8th, 6-8 Detroit, and:

Dumpster Fire.jpg

Out
    Single
    Single
    Out -- TWO FREAKING OUTS !!!!
    Single - bases loaded
    WILD PITCH - 7-8, 2d and 3d, IP to load the bases, still TWO FREAKIN OUTS !!!
    Pinch hitter, 1-1 count, the next pitch.........you know what is coming by now.......

It is gone. 11-8.

IN retrospect, I'd have liked to have seen an HBP, just to add more injury to the insult.............

The position players - without the best hitter on the planet [Miggy] - can still get you 8 runs [ended up 9], but your pitching staff cannot hold that lead.......... What in the name of Casey Stengal is going on? Can't anybody here play this game?

I have to decide if I even have the energy to click on their "games" any more..............
    When I started woodworking, I didn't know squat. I have progressed in 30 years - now I do know squat.

Sorry to hear that Kent
    Thanks John
    Don't take life too seriously. No one gets out alive anyway!

Quote Originally Posted by John A langley View Post
    Sorry to hear that Kent
    No. You are not. And - you should not be.

But - very kind of you to say it.

I am about to throw in the towel. But first, I gotta go find a suitable towel. THen I will throw it. Then I will pick it up and mail it to you in surrender..........Yeeeeeeesh......

If my Tigers are dead in the water - as they apparently are - then I will have to root for KC.

Long story, but in brief: Visited my maternal Grandmother, retired from the farm, Grandad dead a few years, drove her up from Osage City to see a Royals game. Had to be '86 or '87. She always listened to them on the radio -- literally every game. She musta been 82-ish. She had a blast. Jack Morris of the Tigers slayed the Royals that night, but that was not the purpose of the trip.
    When I started woodworking, I didn't know squat. I have progressed in 30 years - now I do know squat.

Is it too soon to talk about I 70s World Series I was looking to buy some T-shirts i've never seen one with Dyson's name on it so I bought one took a lot of crap from my neighbor, but he came through last night 00 game until the bottom of the eight Dyson gets a double drives 2 runs then scores . yeah I want to see the Royals win but I'd like to see a little more competition in the division
    Thanks John

Blog Entries
    The Nationals lost their 2nd in a row to the Pirates in Pittsburgh. Max Scherzer gave up 3 home runs tonight. Dang it. Playing about 500 ball since the all star break. Lucky to still have a 3 game lead on the Mets.

The Pirates look good. That's a nice ball park they have there in Pittsburgh too.

PHM

Quote Originally Posted by Paul McGaha View Post
    Lucky to still have a 3 game lead on the Mets.
    They are also lucky that it is the Mets that they have the 3 game lead on...given the Mets' propensity to choke and all.
    I am never wrong.

Well...I thought I was wrong once...but I was mistaken.

Quote Originally Posted by Paul McGaha View Post
    .........Max Scherzer gave up 3 home runs tonight................
    Paul - - you aren't giving Scherzer the credit he is due. The first home run of the night cleared the stadium and ended up in the river. That's a classic.

Reminiscent of Gibby's shot in 1999 that cleared Tiger stadium, crossed Trumbull, and landed on the roof of the building across the street.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Kent A Bathurst View Post
    Paul - - you aren't giving Scherzer the credit he is due. The first home run of the night cleared the stadium and ended up in the river. That's a classic.

Reminiscent of Gibby's shot in 1999 that cleared Tiger stadium, crossed Trumbull, and landed on the roof of the building across the street.
    You know, go big or go home.

I think all the injuries are finally catching up with the Nationals. Ryan Zimmerman, Anthony Rendon and Jason Worth have missed almost the whole season. Denard Span and Stephen Strasburg have been out a couple weeks. Yunel Escobar has been out a few days.

Span and Escobar were both hitting over 300. The Nationals miss those guys.

Last year the team really went on a tear the 2nd half of the season, I don't know that they are healthy enough to do that this year.

PHM

Johnny Cueto Is coming KC that's good news for the National League Bad news for Detroit and the Twins , gave up Finnegan and two minor leagues
    Thanks John

.........Bad news for Detroit .............
    Not so much, IMO. By the time we see KC in a couple weeks, we will have traded Price and Cespedes - I hope - and thrown in the towel on 2015. I think this also presages the exit of Dombrowski, who has done a great job in assembling the team, but has no experience in rebuilding from youth - - he also has no contract after 2015.

I'll grudgingly pull for KC.................

Kent join the fun there's always next year for The Motor City
    Thanks John

Quote Originally Posted by Kent A Bathurst View Post

I'll grudgingly pull for KC.................
    I'm saving you a seat the NYY train...because I like you.
    I am never wrong.

Well...I thought I was wrong once...but I was mistaken.

Quote Originally Posted by Harold Burrell View Post
    I'm saving you a seat the NYY train...because I like you.
    Give your seat to the next homeless person you see wearing a Mets cap. I will never root for TDY.

But -- back in the day, I used to, only because I absolutely loved Billy. When he was with TDY 6 or 8 times, and when he was with the Tigers. Now, THAT'S entertainment.

Did I ever tell you the story about when my name was in lights on the Yankee Stadium scoreboard? True story - Tiger's game.

Johnny Cueto Is coming KC that's good news for the National League Bad news for Detroit and the Twins , gave up Finnegan and two minor leagues
    Enjoy....

I understand the business aspect, but I still can't believe it. I doubt the house cleaning is over. I have to believe that Leak, Phillips, Bruce, Chapman are all on the market. Maybe even Votto if someone has deep pockets. Can't comprehend how that much talent on 1 team can be 20 games out??
    Brian

"Any intelligent fool can make things bigger or more complicated...it takes a touch of genius and a lot of courage to move in the opposite direction." - E.F. Schumacher

Brian can't say that I have an answer way Cincinnati is not doing well The only thing I can tell you I Watch most of the Royals game this year I don't see a player on the team that is playing with a swelled head Or an attitude they're playing together and having fun I think that's a large part of their success. I also see the Kansas City's manager keeps the guys motivated and I think he makes them all feel important
    Thanks John