Page 16 of 23 FirstFirst ... 6121314151617181920 ... LastLast

Thread: Official 2015 MLB Thread

John -

YOu gotta take a shot when you have it.

But - KC will be hard-pressed to keep the run going. Cueto is free agent after this year. 1sr and 3d basemen free agents after next year. All 3 will command huge salaries, and likely KC can afford none of them.
    When I started woodworking, I didn't know squat. I have progressed in 30 years - now I do know squat.

we have a very good GM and a very good manager sure they will figure something out and I think I'll enjoy the moment you know last year doesn't count anymore and next year does count until next year
    Thanks John
    Don't take life too seriously. No one gets out alive anyway!

Tigers @ Bosox..........

Starting pitcher and first two clown out of the bulllpen each gave up 3 runs or more.

4th and final pitcher gave them nothing. I have to assume that was because the Sox' arms were worn out from all the earlier hits.
    When I started woodworking, I didn't know squat. I have progressed in 30 years - now I do know squat.

Quote Originally Posted by Kent A Bathurst View Post
    I will never root for TDY.
    I know you do...already. Secretly...

Did I ever tell you the story about when my name was in lights on the Yankee Stadium scoreboard? True story - Tiger's game.
    Do tell!
    I am never wrong.

Well...I thought I was wrong once...but I was mistaken.

Calling Chris Padilla:

What, exactly, is the color of the towel the Rocks used when they threw it in? Are they available in the online gift shop?

Tulo, and his lifetime .300, 5 All-Star games, and $100 million 6-year contract, to the Jays? I may be jaded, but $17 mill per year for 6 years for the best SS in the game is pretty damn reasonable.

That ranks close to Antietam for surrenders, no?

Kinda takes the wow-factor away from what - I hope - my Tigers are about to do in the next 72 hours.................

The word on the local sports radio is that the Tiger's are not selling.
    They're apparently not watching their own games, as they look pathetic yet again tonight.

Heard a stat yesterday I think, that after their 11-2 start, they don't have any single 10 game stretch all year with a winning record.
    Gerry

JointCAM

Gerry ....

Yeah, everybody is an expert -- including me - - as they round the clubhouse turn.

But if they keep tanking in the next games, that will seal the deal.

The other thing - If you read the Det News - - their top sports gun is Lynn Henning. That guy was overdriving his headlights at the Single-A Lansing State Journal for many years. I don't know how in the world he got called up to the News - must have photos of a corporate exec in a compromising position with livestock, is my guess.

That clown's opinions cover 5 bases in a 4-base game..............He is farther from a clue than Lakeland is from Comerica Park.

Well..........

They listened to me. Finally. The Tigers are "rebooting", which means their 6 players who will be free agents at the end of this year are up for grabs. Gotta believe Price will rake in some talent, and Cespedes and Soria will do pretty well also.

I think last night was the straw that broke the camel's back.
    Gerry

JointCAM

Quote Originally Posted by Gerry Grzadzinski View Post
    I think last night was the straw that broke the camel's back.
    Yeah, partly, Gerry.

But today - the legendary JV of the olden days shows up, and they cannot manage doodly-squat for offense. They won off of 2 unearned runs, caused by a premier SS's incredible fumble. Hoping for an error? Hope is not a strategy.

Unload, reload, and sit in the tall grass in free agent days...they will have just as good a shot at PRice, Cespedes, Soria, et. al as they would have had without trading them. So - in effect - rent them out for the rest of 2015 -- which was going nowhere -- and then see if you want to rehire.

Hadda do it. Dombrowski knew this long before all-star break. He just waited, needing Ilitch approval, and having no need to tip his hand early.

I call it 6-5 and pick 'em on DOmbrowski being back next year.

Calling Chris Padilla:

What, exactly, is the color of the towel the Rocks used when they threw it in? Are they available in the online gift shop?

Tulo, and his lifetime .300, 5 All-Star games, and $100 million 6-year contract, to the Jays? I may be jaded, but $17 mill per year for 6 years for the best SS in the game is pretty damn reasonable.

That ranks close to Antietam for surrenders, no?

Kinda takes the wow-factor away from what - I hope - my Tigers are about to do in the next 72 hours.................
    I am too shocked to respond...took some time for it to sink in. However, I must admit that I think it was a good deal. Baseball is all about pitching as you well know. Any pitcher on a good day can shut down the hottest hitting team in an instant. The Rox have realized that they cannot compete trying to outhit everyone...just doesn't work and training pitchers to deal with the 'fun' at 5280' takes some doing. We have to get them young and teach them to deal with the thin air at Coors Field. Bringing in vets just doesn't work (re: Mike Hampton). I'm still sad to see the face of the Colorado Rockies gone but maybe it was time. Tulo wasn't exactly the most healthy player on the team the past few years and this year, while his power numbers are down, he is finally healthy. I don't know much about Jose Reyes but his numbers are on par with Tulo's....
    Wood: a fickle medium....

Did you know SMC is user supported? Please help.

Blog Entries
    Miami Bryce, Twice.

Yeah.

PHM

Quote Originally Posted by Chris Padilla View Post
    Any pitcher on a good day can shut down the hottest hitting team in an instant.
    WHich is exactly the focus this time of year for many teams - - get the pitcher to win one or two games in the postseason, or to get them to the postseason. ANything can happen in the 1-game wild card playoff. And, when you get to the best of 7, just a couple guns can get you home.

The '48 Boston Braves: "Spahn and Sain and pray for rain" ......... Didn't rain enough, and the Indians won in 6.

I just watched a highlight of Tulo crushing one...in a Toronto uni...cue twilight zone music. Weird.

sigh
    Wood: a fickle medium....

Did you know SMC is user supported? Please help.

Quote Originally Posted by Chris Padilla View Post
    I just watched a highlight of Tulo crushing one...in a Toronto uni...cue twilight zone music. Weird.

sigh

And next up for your viewing enjoyment: David Price pitching a 2-hit shut-out for the Jays.................

They are not backing down, are they?