Page 3 of 23 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast

Thread: Official 2015 MLB Thread

Quote Originally Posted by Pat Barry View Post
    ...I'm sick of baseball..........the Twins are headed for another 90+ losses for the 5th year in a row.
    The Senators. 'Nuff said, Pat.

Oh - except for this bit: The Cubs fans and the Mets fans ain't feeling your pain, ya dig?
    When I started woodworking, I didn't know squat. I have progressed in 30 years - now I do know squat.

Quote Originally Posted by Chris Padilla View Post
    Makes me think Colorado sweeping them was no big deal...as is apparent the last 4 games.
    On right now, Reds vs. Brewers.

11-5, bottom of the 5th.

Guess who is winning.

Don't overthink it.

I thought I would jump in here and raise the flag for Seattle. After we shake off the rust from the rain watch out this team is going to be a contender.

Last edited by Chuck Hart; 04-23-2015 at 12:28 AM. Reason: forgot logo

Quote Originally Posted by Kent A Bathurst View Post
    Gloves are off.

Lessee what the 6-7 Damn Yankees can show us.
    Last night must have been especially painful for you. I offer my sympathies.
    I am never wrong.

Well...I thought I was wrong once...but I was mistaken.

Last night I tuned in Jim Price and Dan Dickerson to listen to the Tigers- New York game.

I turned it off at the end of the first inning. That one inning left me totally exhausted!

Still haven't looked at the results. Might need hard narcotics to handle it.

-Tom

Quote Originally Posted by Phil Thien View Post
    On right now, Reds vs. Brewers.

11-5, bottom of the 5th.

Guess who is winning.

Don't overthink it.
    that was a strange game - 3 grand slams - only the 4th time in MLB history.

Not so strange? - Reds bullpen try to throw away the game... Aside from the closer, Chapman, with a 0.00 ERA, the next lowest ERA in the bullpen is 5+ and goes up to 13+.
    Brian

"Any intelligent fool can make things bigger or more complicated...it takes a touch of genius and a lot of courage to move in the opposite direction." - E.F. Schumacher

Quote Originally Posted by Harold Burrell View Post
    Last night must have been especially painful for you. I offer my sympathies.
    Pile on - I can take it, and you earned it............
    When I started woodworking, I didn't know squat. I have progressed in 30 years - now I do know squat.

Quote Originally Posted by Tom Stenzel View Post
    Last night I tuned in Jim Price and Dan Dickerson to listen to the Tigers- New York game.

I turned it off at the end of the first inning. That one inning left me totally exhausted!

Still haven't looked at the results. Might need hard narcotics to handle it.

-Tom
    Yeah...you don't want to look.

As far as the narcotics are concerned, if Kent won't give you any, I'm sure he can at least let you know where you can get some.

hmmm...Tiger Fans, Drug Addicts. I'm starting to see a pattern here...
    I am never wrong.

Blog Entries
    I seem to remember someone saying toward the end of regular season that the Tigers were gonna run away with their division and win it all. I can't seem to remember what happened. How'd that work out Kent????
    Larry J Browning
    There are 10 kinds of people in this world; Those who understand binary and those who don't.

Yeah...you don't want to look.

As far as the narcotics are concerned, if Kent won't give you any, I'm sure he can at least let you know where you can get some.

hmmm...Tiger Fans, Drug Addicts. I'm starting to see a pattern here...
    Looks like I picked a bad week to give up sniffing glue.

Kent will share when it comes to beer but that's as far as it goes.

Tigers are winning 1-0 right now, we gluttons for punishment never give up hope.

-Tom

I'm writing a book. Tell me what you think...

"The NY Yankees, along with their unprecedented and seemingly unapproachable 27 World Championships, look to approach the 2015 season in a different manner. Tired of the negative press and the "bad blood" that has seemed to grow over the past several decades, brought on by their winning ways, the Yanks look to change all of that by allowing some other team to rise to the forefront. The generous and oh so benevolent Yankees spent VERY little this off season in the hopes of letting the other teams catch up.

One of the especially hopeful teams...over-flowing with talent, in fact...is the Detroit Tigers.

Unfortunately (at least early on) it does not appear that the Tigers got the memo. As hard as the NY Yankees try to LET the Tigers win, they just seem to continue to flounder..."

That's all I have so far.
    I am never wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by Larry Browning View Post
    I seem to remember someone saying toward the end of regular season that the Tigers were gonna run away with their division and win it all. I can't seem to remember what happened. How'd that work out Kent????
    Larry, my friend.

Memory is an odd thing. All I can remember from last year is the Tiger's bullpen carrying their personal, monogrammed, cans of gas to the mound in the postseason..............

Quote Originally Posted by Tom Stenzel View Post
    Looks like I picked a bad week to give up sniffing glue.
    Roger, Roger.

That's all I have so far.
    In your outline, how many chapters on the A-ROd soap opera?

ARRRRRRGHHH !!!!!!

OK, Harold...........take yer best shot. I'm ready.

Miller was ours, but we traded him to Marlins for Miggy, and he finally ended up with TDY [The Damn Yankees]. Hard to gripe...........I guess........he mowed down the heart of our batting order in the 9th.

At least it wasn't a sweep..........otherwise, I'd'uv had to send you my LN #140, right?

You guys are really raining on my parade, or urinating in my Cheerios, or whatever cliche you care to use..........
    Last edited by Kent A Bathurst; 04-23-2015 at 4:30 PM.