Page 5 of 23 FirstFirst 12345678915 ... LastLast

Thread: Official 2015 MLB Thread

Rox are ranked 11 in the PR on MLB.com. I'll take it. NL West is bunching up...no one wants it. Rox travel to Snake territory where they've traditionally been bitten, poisened, and squeezed to death. Let's hope for better play the first series there this season.
    Wood: a fickle medium....

Did you know SMC is user supported? Please help.

Good luck in Snake Land.........

Tigers have gotten healthy v Indians - not without a bit of drama.

I don't know how many, if any, of you are up to speed on the Tiger's SS - Iglesias. He was out all last year with fractures in both shins.

He's back - in a big way. If you want to see some stuff that you would swear is not possible - go to MLB dot com, videos, search for him. With apologies to 'Nique in his heyday - this kid really is a Human Highlight Reel.
    When I started woodworking, I didn't know squat. I have progressed in 30 years - now I do know squat.

I'll do that if you check out Nolan Arenado's acrobats at 3rd base.

Thank goodness for padded rails or he'd be out for the rest of the season!

Quote Originally Posted by Chris Padilla View Post
    I'll do that if you check out Nolan Arenado's acrobats at 3rd base.
    Yeah, Chris - I had seen that.

The catch was incredible, but the best part, for me......He came up firing to try for the double play...way cool.
    When I started woodworking, I didn't know squat. I have progressed in 30 years - now I do know squat.

Yep...he was totally cognizant of the tag-up and fired it to off to third. Can you imagine if he had made the double play?! Whoop! Whoop!

There's a reason those kids play in the major leagues, and you and I make sawdust. The annual compensation is pretty much equal, though.

I gotta think that, when they get to my age, they could learn to make sawdust, but I guaran-doddarn-tee you, there was never an age at which I coulda played big-league ball.

Okay, a nice start out in The Desert: 5-4 the Rockies survive a nice comeback from The Snakes.

Well, Looks like I might get more time in the shop this spring and summer than usual, 'cause it sure is painful to watch the Reds right now.... No way to sugarcoat it. The Reds bull pen just Stinks..
    Last edited by Chris Padilla; 04-28-2015 at 1:11 PM.
    Brian

"Any intelligent fool can make things bigger or more complicated...it takes a touch of genius and a lot of courage to move in the opposite direction." - E.F. Schumacher

Quote Originally Posted by Kent A Bathurst View Post
    BTW - when they demolished Tiger Stadium, I bought a pair of reserved seats - they sit on my patio. On some days, I put on my fitted wool cap, my Whitaker jersey, grab a beer, and go sit in the stands once again, and reminisce about the halcyon days.
    I remember going on a first date to Tiger Stadium.

Some people go to Tiger Stadium and come home with reserved seats. I came home with a wife!

We were at the park when the (AFAIK) the last inside the park home run was hit. I won't tell you who hit it but as a hint his initials were Bobby Higginson.

I worked in beautiful scenic Delray for 32 years, just a hop skip and jump from Corktown. More than once a couple of coworkers and I would take a 1/2 day vacation on a Thursday afternoon and catch a game.

We couldn't be at Tiger Stadium's last game but we did make it to the final home stand (3rd from last game). I remember then looking at the layout of Comerica park and pointing out that the same seats that we were in would be 125 feet further away from home plate at Comerica. Bring the binoculars.

Comerica park is pretty to look at but for watching the game not so hot. The lower bowl is so shallow that someone standing up 5 rows ahead blocks your view. Once the whole family had to abandon the game in the 4th inning, our seats were too hot to sit in (3rd base line lower level). My favorite seats are the ones the the fund raisers sell: upper level along the first base line sections 321 and 322.

I'm confused. Just why are we talking about baseball when the playoffs are on?

-Tom

Tom -

COmpany I worked for had 4 reserved seats - 3d row, upper level, between home & first. Pay attention when LH is throwing to RH batter - the foul balls are coming right at you. But those seats were excellent - sitting right on top of the field.

Catty-corner across Mich & Trumbull was a gravel parking lot. Over a few years, we worked out a deal with the guy working there: The Prime Spot - first slot facing the street, you could lock it and keep the keys. He would hold that spot for us until the middle of the 1st inning. We would come screaming to a stop, park the car, pay the fee, give him an additional $10 + beers leftover from the ride from the office , and be in the seats in about 3 minutes. Saw about 50 games in '84.

The Yankees are in first place in the AL East.

I am not saying that because I wish to infuriate or offend, but only because this may very well be the only time I get to say it all season.
    I am never wrong.

Well...I thought I was wrong once...but I was mistaken.

My Indians must have been happy with 3rd last year. Their biggest signing was a pitcher who only pitched a couple of months the last 2 seasons. He missed last season with a broken elbow and then broke the elbow in preseason. 6 1/2 back after 3 weeks. I've been waiting for MLB season since the Leafs crapped out in Dec. I'm not usually ready for the Browns until late Aug, early Sept. I know its early but there has been no evidence in my lifetime 67-? that optimism will pay off.

I don't believe it! Five pages and no one has mentioned the best all around organization in MLB! Orioles fan and proud of it. Shame they had to play yesterday with no fans allowed. Civil unrest is not a good thing.

Quote Originally Posted by Jim Creech View Post
    I don't believe it! Five pages and no one has mentioned the best all around organization in MLB!
    Nobody wanted to work your side of the street, Jim. Join in the fun..........

Quote Originally Posted by Harold Burrell View Post
    The Yankees are in first place in the AL East.

I am not saying that because I wish to infuriate or offend, but only because this may very well be the only time I get to say it all season.
    Your man A-Rod did great yesterday - bottom of the 13th, down by 1, and............GIDP.

Nice, efficient job of killing the rally. And - capped off a perfect oh-fer: 0-6 at the plate.