Thread: Help with weird label print

Help with weird label print

Well, It's my favorite time of my week, Saturday AM

Can someone please help me print some labels?

The individual labels are 3x5"

Three vertical for sheet size (individual feed) of 5 wide by 9 long.

C-Line 87647

I just spent an hour trying to do it

Time do cut some wood

Will be checking computer periodically...Thanks!
    David
    Confidence: That feeling you get before fully understanding a situation (Anonymous)

Comments made here are my own and, according to my children, do not reflect the opinions of any other person... anywhere, anytime.

Quote Originally Posted by Charlie Velasquez View Post
    That's pretty close, Chris, but I have the actual label, three to a 5 by 9 sheet.

That template is for 8.5 by 11 paper( before I spent the unnecessary $40 on these here labels.......)

How would I set up, maybe the custom Windows PC label printer for this? I tried, and can't figure it out.

Thanks
    David
    Confidence: That feeling you get before fully understanding a situation (Anonymous)

I mean-Charlie

I found the template somehow, but the printer doesn 't recognize the paper size
    David

What model is your printer?

What application are you trying to print from? In Word, for example, create a custom paper size 5 x 9. On that, create a table, made up of 3 cells in one column. Each cell being 3 x 5.
    Grant
    Ottawa ON

Quote Originally Posted by Grant Wilkinson View Post
    What model is your printer?

What application are you trying to print from? In Word, for example, create a custom paper size 5 x 9. On that, create a table, made up of 3 cells in one column. Each cell being 3 x 5.
    I am using Word and Windows 7, and an HP Office Jet 7500A

Cant get the machine to recognize a 5x9 paper,

I will try again, now that I took a nap.
    David

I finally got it, had to go into the paper size area in preferences, and make the printer think it is printing 5x8 cards.
    David

David

I found this on the net:

While the driver does not directly provide capability for customer paper sizes you can define them and use them in the Officejet 7500a driver as follows: click Start, Devices and Printers, click once on the Officejet 7500a which will bring up a menu item in the upper row that will allow you to click on Print Server Properties.

Click on Print Server Properties which will open a dialog where you can set a custom form as follows: click on a form size in the Forms box. Next check the "Create a new form" box and type a new name in the "Form name" box. Put in the appropriate sizes for the form, then Save form, Close.

Once you have created a new form it will show up as a choice in the paper settings the next time you open the Officejet 7500a printer properties.
    Grant
    Ottawa ON

Quote Originally Posted by Grant Wilkinson View Post
    David

I found this on the net:

While the driver does not directly provide capability for customer paper sizes you can define them and use them in the Officejet 7500a driver as follows: click Start, Devices and Printers, click once on the Officejet 7500a which will bring up a menu item in the upper row that will allow you to click on Print Server Properties.

Click on Print Server Properties which will open a dialog where you can set a custom form as follows: click on a form size in the Forms box. Next check the "Create a new form" box and type a new name in the "Form name" box. Put in the appropriate sizes for the form, then Save form, Close.

Once you have created a new form it will show up as a choice in the paper settings the next time you open the Officejet 7500a printer properties.
    That worked perfectly--thanks so much, Grant!
    David

You're welcome, David. We both learned something. Win/win. Take care.
    Grant
    Ottawa ON