Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Thread: What got you into laser engraving and more

Junior You've been on here a year now asking for all kinds of help and just about everybody here has helped or given you free advice and just about everyone has told you the same thing and for the most part I don't think your following what people tell you cause you keep coming back asking the same things. You asking what your doing wrong and your still trying to do to much at once, baby steps learn one medium at a time learn it well then learn another. You still haven't posted any photos of your work so we don't know what it is your trying to sell. we don't know if its good or bad or anything. Take some picture and show us what your doing. Don't cry all I got is a cheap cell phone camera. I take most my pictures with my cheap cell phone cam and if you take a few minutes to compose the photo and give it some light they look just as good as a camera photo. Oh and Junior one other thing READ MY LIME GREEN!
    If the Help and advice you received here was of any VALUE to you PLEASE! Become a Contributor
    Rabbit RL_XX_6040-60 watt Laser engraving/cutting machine Oh wait its a 3D Printer my bad LOL
    Lasercut 5.3
    CorelDraw X5

10" Miter Saw with slide
    10" Table Saw
    8" bench mount 5 speed Drill Press
    Dremel, 3x21 Belt Sander

Before leaving the Royal Australian Air Force (as a Police Dog Handler) in 1992, while checking out sections found a young fitter in the rear of the hanger using an engraver to make parts and things. The RAAF were in the process of out sourcing all repairs at the time. Looked interesting, I opened a Video and games shop in Forbes NSW a country town. Nothing to do all day but wait for customers to walk in. Looked at doing something to do. The local Jeweler a friend of the family said he was sick of paying jewelers rates for his staff to engrave plates and trophies so he told me if I wanted to do the work as my business he would never see a trophy in his shop again. I bought a pantagraph machine then had to get a motorized machine (second hand Hermies 19X12 inch then a full computer setup for it within 3 months. Sold the business in 1997. It is still going at this time. Restarted with my first laser engraver as a hobby ready for retirement and also to have something to do in my spare time. Now retired from work full time due to medical reasons. going to start cutting items for the markets.

Awesome Bill Reibelt awesome another k9 trainer / handler What kind of k9s you all normally have or trained. We here mostly train Belgium, malanoise and Dutch shepherds and some times Australian shepherds.

A nice way to start a business also Bill finding things in your own backyard / work Happy retirement from the armed forces congratulations
    STILL A NEWBY LEARNING MY WAY
    Junior Hall
    Boss laser
    engravelab 9v

Quote Originally Posted by Robert Tepper View Post
    Junior, banks need rubber stamps, nursing homes need badges and door signs, oil companies need to label every valve in a refinery, aircraft companies need stamps and signs, hospitals need rubber stamps and signs. Airports need signs, car dealers give away gifts when a customer makes a purchase. Don't give up. It does not happen over night. This July makes 38 years for me and I still wonder where the next job will come from. You have discovered that flea markets are not the right venue, opportunities are out there.

Don't give up!

Robert
    It was nice to read this. Well done and congratulations.