Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Micro Fence Micro Plunge

I admire you free-handing that work...it's excellent. Aside from the lighting thing you mentioned, I'm not surprised at the performance of the product, however. MicroFence has always strived to be top-notch in quality and functionality. One pays a little more for the "non-mass-produced" tooling like this, but over time, I find that kind of investment to actually cost a lot less in so many ways.
    --

The most expensive tool is the one you buy "cheaply" and often...

I just checked back in to this post..I'm sorry the lights aren't working for you..I supect it is because you are using a dremel vs. my bosch colt..The lights are super on mine..it must be the height of the two tools are different on the two as the dremel is small. Plus the bits are shorter shanked I would guess Hope you get it figured out.
    Last edited by Michelle Rich; 05-19-2015 at 4:31 AM.
    Be the kind of woman that when your feet hit the ground each morning, the devil says, "oh crap she's up!"

Tolerance is giving every other human being every right that you claim for yourself.

"What is man without the beasts? If all the beasts are gone, men would die from great loneliness of spirit. For whatever happens to the beasts will happen to man. All things are connected. " Chief Seattle Duwamish Tribe

Thank you, Jim. The free-handing wasn't that difficult, outside of not always being able to make out where the line was. It came out a bit sloppy and I attribute that to a combination of lack of experience, not creating easy-to-see cut lines and insufficient light. I think if I had two of those three conquered, the results would have been much better.

Michelle, everything about the Micro Plunge is smaller, except the lights. Plus, you're using a smaller bit which requires you to plunge deeper. That's where the light problem begins. In the third picture down that I posted, you can see the location intended to hold the lights becomes useless when plunged to cutting depth. I love everything else about the Micro Plunge. It makes the Dremel a precision tool, though I wonder if I had gone the Foredom route, would the plunge base be as necessary, for me, anyway.

Julie,
    I'd suggest that you give micro fence a call and ask for Rich. I have found him to be extremely helpful and a very personable guy. He may have a solution to the problem as he personally uses his tools.
    Steve Jenkins, McKinney, TX. 469 742-9694
    Always use the word "impossible" with extreme caution