Thread: Whole shop vac hose

Whole shop vac hose

Does any other company than Rockler sell the stretchy 4" hose for vacuuming your shop using your dust collector. I found the hand held floor sweep with wheels at Grizzly, but they don't sell the stretchy 4" hose. Was waiting on Rockler to get it on sale, but this month hardly anything is on sale.

That is not the kind of hose I am looking for. The Rockler hose is stretchy, like an accordian.

I am also looking for the same hose. Seems as though Rockler has a lock on it though, and is never offered with a sale price good enough for my paltry budget.
    Do like you always do,,,,,get what you always get!!

I was initially interested in that hose as well, but read the reviews on Rockler. It seems the springy quality causes a lot of pull back when the hose is connected to the tool, requiring the purchase of a longer hose. Also read it was very difficult to put back in the holder, if you make that additional purchase.

I bought this hose from Rockler and I like it. I did buy the wall mounted "holder" and that too works well... IF.. You add additional magnets (I used HF bar magnets) above the holder.

I use it for T/S, bandsaw, Jointer, planer and I have the floor wand. I stretch the hose to its full extension and it retracts every time.

I'm almost sure I bought it on sale a year or so ago but can't recall the price.

I'm happy with the hose.

Blog Entries
    The stretchy stuff was constantly trying to pull me back toward the source. I just stuck a hook on the wall and went like so with some smooth interior helix stuff:

Ridgid Vac Mad v1 (16).jpg

35 feet that I cut off of a 60 foot piece reaches nearly any corner of the shop. The cut-offs do service as a router table fence hose and an extension if I am determined to reach way over by the sheet-goods shorts-bin.
    "A hen is only an egg's way of making another egg".

– Samuel Butler

Grizzly has a black flexible hose, says it retracts to 1/3 of its full length. Only problem is they only offer it in 6",10 and 20' lengths. They offer the 3" in 50' lengths, but the rolling floor sweep is 4", so I don't want to adapt down to 3" and back to 4". Need Papa Grizzly to offer the 4" flex hose in a longer length.

Did a Google search, found nosawdust.com, appears they have the same stretchable hose as Rockler, but a little less. Says it shrinks down to 4', stretches to 28'.

Jim,

Not sure if you ever found another source but I came across this at PeachTree. No experience with it but it sounds like what you are looking for:

FlexHose.jpg

http://www.ptreeusa.com/dusthose.htm