Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Lie Nielsen Flyer

Lie Nielsen Flyer

Did anyone else get a Lie Nielsen advertising flyer in the mail? Fairly nice advertisement and they can't be cheap to send out to lots of us.

Nope.

But - that's smart marketing - they surely realize that they have pretty much limited out on dipping into my wallet - nothing much more to buy. No need throwing their $$ into a bucket that is already full.
    When I started woodworking, I didn't know squat. I have progressed in 30 years - now I do know squat.

Blog Entries
    Did this flyer happen to say anything about the elusive plow plane? I think I may have a better chance of seeing a Yetti in person at this point.

Actually they used to send those out 1-2 times per year. Just not recently. And, no mention of anything new. Been so long that my Lie-Nielsen tools are practically real heirlooms.

I didn't get one-bit disappointed as I've been a regular customer for far longer than a decade.
    If the thunder don't get you, the lightning will.

I got one, but Id recently called requesting a catalog. So Im on their radar as a potential for (more) sales. It was a beautifully done full color "fold out" on thick paper.
    "All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing."

“If you want to know what a man's like, take a good look at how he treats his inferiors, not his equals.”

Quote Originally Posted by Rich Riddle View Post
    Did anyone else get a Lie Nielsen advertising flyer in the mail? Fairly nice advertisement and they can't be cheap to send out to lots of us.
    Lee Valley = Yes, Lie Nielsen = No

I got one, which is odd since I've never bought anything from them before.

Quote Originally Posted by Jeffrey Martel View Post
    I got one, which is odd since I've never bought anything from them before.
    Duh!?!?
    When I started woodworking, I didn't know squat. I have progressed in 30 years - now I do know squat.

Quote Originally Posted by Malcolm Schweizer View Post
    I may have a better chance of seeing a Yetti in person at this point.
    In the Virgin Islands, you think you might see a Yetti, eh?

Smoke more of that stuff - that's yer best shot, Malcolm.

Quote Originally Posted by Rich Riddle View Post
    Lie Nielsen demo was in Cincinnati last week. Maybe they send them out in the area the week after a demo??????
    "Remember back in the day, when things were made by hand, and people took pride in their work?"
    - Rick Dale

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Kent A Bathurst View Post
    In the Virgin Islands, you think you might see a Yetti, eh?

Smoke more of that stuff - that's yer best shot, Malcolm.
    I do have a few friends that could pass as a Yetti- does that count?

I do have a few friends that could pass as a Yetti- does that count?
    I'm good with it.

Malcolm, are you on St. Thomas or St. Croix? On St. Croix, there's a sawmill along the road in the NW highland rainforest. Plenty of mahogany salvaged from dead or downed trees (the law!), plus some other species.

Did this flyer happen to say anything about the elusive plow plane? I think I may have a better chance of seeing a Yetti in person at this point.
    Nope. They show the large router plane and several bench planes. Nice display of other tools. Very much like an introduction to new potential customers. I haven't checked but I don't think the prices shown are any kind of a discount.