Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Hydraulic lift table

Quote Originally Posted by David Ragan View Post
    I wound up going over to Buford Saturday AM, and picking up theirs. Was $233.
    Northern Tool

Quote Originally Posted by Keith Outten View Post
    Wait six weeks and then get back to us and let us know how often you use the new hydraulic table

Would be great if I really didn't see how I ever got along w/o it.....
    David
    Confidence: That feeling you get before fully understanding a situation (Anonymous)

You may see why I own four of them. There seems to be an endless number of jobs that I use mine for from holding up stuff to machine stands to unloading heavy machines and material from the back of my truck.

When I bought my 1000 pound CNC Router it was put in the back of my truck at the factory in a large wood crate. Once I got home I backed up to my garage door and was able to slide the crate onto my hydraulic table and lower it to about 9" from the floor. At that point I removed the top of the crate and started unloading the pieces individually. I've done similar offloads with large machines on pallets, once the truck is out of the way I can use a lifting device to get the machine to the floor.

I use them for welding jobs too, when I really need the piece to be level and its odd shaped I place each end on a hydraulic table and adjust the height until it perfect. When I have to shift a project and it changes the level its a snap to get it adjusted again. I once had a three year contract to build custom corner cabinets for a local school system. I built an elaborate jig that bolted on one of my hydraulic tables that we used to assemble the cabinets that saved our backs and lots of man-hours over three years.

I could write a book on the projects I have used my hydraulic tables on over the last ten years.

Quote Originally Posted by Keith Outten View Post
    I could write a book on the projects I have used my hydraulic tables on over the last ten years.
    You could write many books on all the nifty stuff you have made!
    I read recipes the same way I read science fiction. I get to the end and I think, "Well, that’s not going to happen."

Thanks Mike but I have to admit that I am slowing down considerably these days. My age is part of the equation and now that warmer weather is here I have undertaken the largest vegetable garden that I have ever had. My investment in the garden as grown to the size that I have to build a fence this year to keep the deer and other critters out.