Thread: New laser shipped - Changing my signature soon

New laser shipped - Changing my signature soon

Thanks to all of you and your input I ordered my laser a few weeks ago. I received a working video of it and an e-mail stating it's on the way to the shipping yards.

Here is the link to the short video if you are interested https://youtu.be/EfZSX3uUMss

Here are a couple pictures I snapped from the video that I thought highlighted the build.
    vlcsnap-00001.jpgvlcsnap-00002.jpgvlcsnap-00005.jpgvlcsnap-00008.jpgvlcsnap-00004.jpgvlcsnap-00009.jpg

It's a Thunder Laser Mars 90 130 watt
    Spt 130 watt tube
    Servo Motors
    I ordered 2 extra head assemblies, 1.5 inch and 4 inch (it comes with standard 2 inch)
    I ordered a Cw 5000 chiller
    I should have ordered the rotary attachment but I didn't think I would ever use it.

It looks like they did a nice job of assembling it. All of the components look clean and mounted straight and the wiring looks like it is labeled and installed with pride.
    The exhaust plenum appears to cover the width of the working table.
    The gentleman on the left is the one I have been dealing with. The other 2 are the assemblers.
    The background looks like a pretty clean assembly area and it looks like they are staying busy building others.

Cost was $6755.00 including shipping from China to Houston.
    It does not include duty fees and customs or shipping to my door.
    I'll post that when I get it.
    I got the 130 watt because I figure I'll get about 110 watts of cutting power at 85% (saving tube life)
    That's what I will mainly be using it for.

Again I thank everyone for their input. I'll post an actual review once I get it all set up and operating.
    Until then I am working really hard at learning CorelDraw X6. I am getting the basics down pretty good at this point.

Gozzie
    Thunder Laser MARS 90 (130 watt)
    RD Works V8
    1 Phillips Screwdriver
    1 Straight Edge
    1 Hammer
    1 Dull Chisel
    1 Pencil Sharpener (manually operated)

Thanks for posting these details. Will be watching for the updates!
    Dennis

Old woodworker, engraver, sometime fisherman (to justify all the tackle I own)
    Saw Stop Professional table saw, Delta drill press, Rikon band saw, Jet lathe, Rigid jointer and planner, and most air, hand tools made!
    Epilog 45 Helix, Trotec Speedy 360, Bengal plotter, Sublimation printer.

Awesome Ron Congratulations now tell your better half to tie down everything in the house she doesn't want cut up or engraved.
    If the Help and advice you received here was of any VALUE to you PLEASE! Become a Contributor
    Rabbit RL_XX_6040-60 watt Laser engraving/cutting machine Oh wait its a 3D Printer my bad LOL
    Lasercut 5.3
    CorelDraw X5

10" Miter Saw with slide
    10" Table Saw
    8" bench mount 5 speed Drill Press
    Dremel, 3x21 Belt Sander

Congratulations Ron, I'm sure you'll put it to good use.
    Lasers : Trotec Speedy 300 75W, Trotec Speedy 300 80W, Galvo Fiber Laser 20W
    Printers : Mimaki UJF-6042 UV Flatbed Printer , HP Designjet L26500 61" Wide Format Latex Printer, Summa S140-T 48" Vinyl Plotter
    Router : ShopBot 48" x 96" CNC Router Rotary Engravers : (2) Xenetech XOT 16 x 25 Rotary Engravers

Real name Steve but that name was taken on the forum. Used Middle name. Call me Steve or Scott, doesn't matter.