Thread: Major Jet Jointer, Lathe, misc. score

Major Jet Jointer, Lathe, misc. score

Just got back from an estate sale and came away like a bandit. I ended up spending $400 and got:
    Jet 6" Long Bed Jointer - JJ-6CSXW
    Jet 12/36 Lathe - JWL-1236
    7 Hand planes
    50+ Akro-Mils Bins
    13 Turning Tools
    A bunch of clamps (Toggle, Miter, Quick-Klamp), books, magazines, and a bunch of other stuff

Everything is in great shape too, just needed a wipe down. I didn't need a jointer as I just purchased an older 6" Grizzly a couple months ago, but the Jet was toooooo cheap to pass up and I'll sell my Grizzly and actually make money on the swap. I also wasn't thinking about upgrading from my mini lathe, but way too good of a deal to pass up.

I've wiped them down and waxed the cast iron. The lathe has a little bit of a vibration at higher speeds, so I may need to check if the bearings are fine, but other than that, looking forward to putting these to use! Just need to do some shop organization as I now have way too many tools for my garage shop.

Any suggestions as to things I should check on the machines before putting them to use?

That was quite a score!

You Suck - Bill Murray.jpg

Well done...........
    When I started woodworking, I didn't know squat. I have progressed in 30 years - now I do know squat.

Yeah, you made out like a bandit alright. Looks like you were in the right place at the right time.
    The jointer alone is worth what you paid for everything. Congrats on a great haul!!

You did AWESOME!!! Nicely done.

Red
    RED