Thread: Long thread manipulation help needed

Long thread manipulation help needed

With a very long thread how can I go straight to the most recent responses, such as the ones posted today ?

Yonak, clicking on the down arrow to the left of the thread title will take you to the most recent unread post.
    Please help support the Creek.

"It's paradoxical that the idea of living a long life appeals to everyone, but the idea of getting old doesn't appeal to anyone."
    Andy Rooney

You can also reverse the display order to show newest posts first:

Settings/General settings/Thread Display Options/Thread Display Mode/Linear - Newest first

Don't forget to save your changes
    Beranek's Law:

It has been remarked that if one selects his own components, builds his own enclosure, and is convinced he has made a wise choice of design, then his own loudspeaker sounds better to him than does anyone else's loudspeaker. In this case, the frequency response of the loudspeaker seems to play only a minor part in forming a person's opinion.
    L.L. Beranek, Acoustics (McGraw-Hill, New York, 1954), p.208.

I just learned something new...
    Only one life will soon be past
    Only whats done for Christ will last

You can right click on the down arrow to the left of the thread title and then select open link in new tab, thus you will not lose your location on that screen.

Hover your mouse cursor over most any icon and wait a couple seconds, you will see a description of what the icon does.

Thanks for the tips, Bruce, David and Keith. ..All very useful information.

There is one very bad aspect to jumping to the newest posts. If you don't read what has already been said, you may jump in and make yourself look foolish or become a nuisance. It is never polite to walk up on the tail end of a conversation and start repeating stuff that was already discussed before you got there. The same is true of internet forums.

Another tip:
    As noted by Keith, it can be useful to open a topic in a new tab on your browser, that helps me sift through those topics that I want to read and then once the 'New Posts' page(s) have been sifted I can then read the topics one tab at a time.
    So, here's the tip; using my 'wheel' mouse and hovering over the title of the topic and then clicking(depressing) the wheel it will then open that link in a new tab... a little easier and quicker way to get to the first post in a topic.

EDIT: Works the same for the arrow icon as well... it will work for most any link.
    Last edited by Ken Kimbrell; 04-27-2015 at 7:18 AM.

Sounds to me like he might like to go to 'view first unread'.
    Rick Potter

DIY journeyman,
    FWW wannabe.
    AKA Village Idiot.