Thread: Can't see recent posts since my paid membership ran out.

Can't see recent posts since my paid membership ran out.

I started a thread in the boat building section about a month ago. Since that time, my paid membership ran out and now (when logged in) I can't see any of the recent posts. I can see them if I am logged out? I sent to emails to the Contact Us without a reply. Please help. I would really like to continue to log my progress mainly to help other people learn.

Thanks,
    Kevin

Kevin,

Not being a paid contributor should not effect your ability to see recent posts.

At the top of the page select "Settings"......when the Settings window opens up scroll down and on the left side select "General Settings"........when that window opens up.....scroll down and select "Display Options". Select Linear...I select "Linear - Oldest First".......then save your changes.
    Ken

So much to learn, so little time.....

Kevin - we don't have paid memberships here - so has to be something to do with your settings. I just checked the forum and your thread is there.
    Steve

“You never know what you got til it's gone!”
    Please don’t let that happen!
    Become a financial Contributor today!

Quote Originally Posted by Ken Fitzgerald View Post
    Kevin,

Not being a paid contributor should not effect your ability to see recent posts.

At the top of the page select "Settings"......when the Settings window opens up scroll down and on the left side select "General Settings"........when that window opens up.....scroll down and select "Display Options". Select Linear...I select "Linear - Oldest First".......then save your changes.
    Thanks Ken. That did it. It was set to Hybrib. Interesteing part is, I have never had this issue until now. Also, I don't know how hybrid works, but I could not see any posts past 4/3.

The world is round again. Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Steve Schlumpf View Post
    Kevin - we don't have paid memberships here
    Perhaps he meant "Contributor"?
    Same as a membership, to me.
    Never, under any circumstances, consume a laxative and sleeping pill, on the same night

Quote Originally Posted by Myk Rian View Post
    Perhaps he meant "Contributor"?
    Quite possible Myk - but I didn't want viewers unfamiliar with our site to assume that we require membership fees, and if not paid, they would lose access.
    Steve

“You never know what you got til it's gone!”
    Please don’t let that happen!
    Become a financial Contributor today!

For the site admins- I'm curious why the "hybrid" mode is default for the site. I was running into trouble being very confused because I'd see on the index that a thread had a new response and I'd go look at the thread and I'd frequently not see the new posts, because I'm very used to seeing the most recent posts at the ends of threads. I came to this forum intending to ask about it, and found this thread; turns out the thread order setting was hybrid mode. Does that setting make the most sense? It was very confusing for me...