Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Need a new saw blade

Quote Originally Posted by Jerry Wright View Post
    May be heresy on this site, but go to Lowes and spend $37.99 on a Marples 50 tooth combination. Try it. Not saying it is a WWII, but for the price you can't beat it.
    I have just about the exact saw the OP does and the blade you mention. I wouldn't recommend using any 10" blade you would find at Lowes on a G0690/G0691 cabinet saw as all of the 10" blades at Lowes are thin kerf blades and the riving knife is just a hair too thick to work properly with thin kerf blades. You need a full kerf blade or a thin kerf riving knife. The 50T Marples blade however works very well with a suitable riving knife as it cuts well and leaves a nice finish. Its finish is not quite as nice as the Freud 80T Ultimate Cutoff blade somebody else mentioned and I also have, but it is very good for a "cheap" blade and will do about 90% of what you do with your tablesaw that doesn't require a dado blade. The 80T blade is actually a lot less useful than I had initially figured as it is really only good for crosscutting <6/4 stuff. I'd rather have sunk my money into one of the Premier Fusion combination blades than the 80T Ultimate Cutoff as it would have been much more useful.
    Last edited by Phillip Gregory; 04-27-2015 at 10:33 PM.

I use the the Delta/Dewalt 7657 as my daily driver. Ihave a stack of them because they were so cheap. I also have a WWII and a CMT.I don't notice enough differencebetween them.

I have 2 thin kerf Diablo D1050 X combination blades, they are alright, but they flex a lot, the best combination blade I have ever used is Infinity 010-050(.125" kerf).by far the best cut you could expect from a combination blade under $80.

I have a Ridge Carbide TS2000 on my Sawstop. You can get it from Holbren for about 90 bucks - 10% SMC I think. It's very good an comparable to the Forrest WWII.

I have been using Freud thin kerf combo for many years..they cost under $60.00 and I get very good service from them. They can handle quite a few sharpenings. Good value for the $$$
    Be the kind of woman that when your feet hit the ground each morning, the devil says, "oh crap she's up!"

Tolerance is giving every other human being every right that you claim for yourself.

"What is man without the beasts? If all the beasts are gone, men would die from great loneliness of spirit. For whatever happens to the beasts will happen to man. All things are connected. " Chief Seattle Duwamish Tribe

Blog Entries
    Tim, since you have a dedicated ripping blade, why not go with a dedicated cross cut blade. I think you would like the Freud LU82M. Currently about $40 at Amazon. I have one and it is a good cutting blade. I get excellent cross cuts in poplar, oak, maple and cherry. You can do some rip cuts in thinner stock if you want, though cutting is slower than you'll get with the glue line rip blade.
    Last edited by Lee Schierer; 04-28-2015 at 8:02 AM.
    Lee Schierer
    USNA '71
    Go Navy!

My advice, comments and suggestions are free, but it costs money to run the site. If you found something of value here please give a little something back by becoming a contributor! Please Contribute

The LU72 is a heavy duty full kerf 40T commercial duty blade. The LM72 is the 24T full kerf bulk rip blade.

The 50T ATB/R Infinity Combomax 010-050 is an easy blade to get good results with that runs ~ $70. It's the best of the 50T ATB/R blades I've tried. It'll give many of those $100 blades a run for the money, and is less sensitive about setup and less prone to burning.

The Delta 35-7657 that Bruce mentioned from Cripe Distributing is about the best bang for the buck going in a full kerf combo blade. It's clearance priced, is made in the US, high precision, C4 micrograin carbide and runs ~ $30 shipped.
    Happiness is like wetting your pants...everyone can see it, but only you can feel the warmth....

Carbide Processors sells several Lines of blades.
    Oshlun starts about $35.00 and is a good buy for the price.
    Popular Tools is $63.00
    Tenryu is $94.00
    Our World's Best, custom built blade, is about $110.00

Plus a 10% discount if you enter "creekers" as the discount code at checkout.

We also have a 100% satisfaction guarantee.

http://www.carbideprocessors.com/sea...lADE&x=10&y=10
    I'm a Creeker, yes I m.
    I fries my bacon in a wooden pan.

Quote Originally Posted by Tom Walz View Post
    Popular Tools is $63.00
    Tenryu is $94.00
    Are the 10" blades 250mm or 254mm?

In recent comparison teasts done by several magazines, the Forrest blades didn't perform any better than the Freud Premier Fusion. I bought one of those for around $100 and I think I got my money's worth.

I bought Tenryu blades from Carbide Processors, to fit my Hammer tablesaw, got a rip blade, a 80 tooth solid wood crosscut blade, and a plywood blade. Don't need to use the scoring blade cutting ply, and the solid crosscut blade is the nicest blade I have ever used. Also the rip blade is awesome. Check the price difference with Forrest, think they are every bit as good.

I use Freud's combo Diablo on my job site bosch TS. It works great for my application (on job sites). Even crosscutting plies come off with little fuzz.
    -Lud

Just bought a Freud 10" combo for my Sawstop last Saturday as I was tired of changing from rip to crosscut on general work. Limited use so far, but so far, very satisfied.

Quote Originally Posted by Tom Walz View Post
    Popular Tools is $63.00
    Tenryu is $94.00

Plus a 10% discount if you enter "creekers" as the discount code at checkout.

We also have a 100% satisfaction guarantee.

http://www.carbideprocessors.com/sea...lADE&x=10&y=10
    I use Tom's World's Best for the shop. They are worth every penny.
    -Lud

I ordered a Delta 7657. This was not my first choice, but the Infinity Combo max was not in stock. I looked at all the choices and the Infinity was the best fit for me.