Thread: Table

Table

My daughter sent me a video of a table that she liked and I thought since her birthday is in May I would give it a try, this is how it ended up.

The first pic is the table by day, the second one is the table by night or dark.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Good job! How did you do the finishing?!
    Profanity is the futile effort of a feeble mind, to exert itself forcefully.

Awesome! This looks terrific. I just did my first inlay job with epoxy, but it didn't turn out half as nice--or glowing--as yours. Did you seal the table first before adding the epoxy? (Or did you use resin or something else?) Any tips will be greatly appreciated, since I plan on finishing more of my fun, kid-oriented projects like this.
    Last edited by Barry Dima; 04-28-2015 at 9:36 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Gary Yoder View Post
    Good job! How did you do the finishing?!
    I sanded it from 80 grit through 400 grit and 5 coats of high gloss lacquer.

Quote Originally Posted by Barry Dima View Post
    Awesome! This looks terrific. I just did my first inlay job with epoxy, but it didn't turn out half as nice--or glowing--as yours. Did you seal the table first before adding the epoxy? (Or did you use resin or something else?) Any tips will be greatly appreciated, since I plan on finishing more of my fun, kid-oriented projects like this.
    Thanks Barry. I didn't seal the table prior to applying the resin, I had to sand for more than a hour to remove all the overspill . I used easy cast resin and glow powder I found on Amazon . I first sanded the whole top with 80 grit sandpaper to get the overspill off and graduated up to 400 grit because I wanted to make sure I removed all sanding marks from the other grits of paper. I then made sure all dust was cleaned off the top and applied 5 coats of high gloss lacquer, the lacquer directions stated no sanding necessary between coats but I sanded it with 400 grit, I ended up with 5 coats of lacquer. I used 4 oz of resin and 4 oz of hardener since its a 1 to 1 mix, and 2.5 ounces of glow powder. The top is 41 in long, 17 in wide , by 7/8 in thick. Do a search for glow in the dark table and you should be able to find a video on how to do the table. I think it's on Pinterest and earth porm.com once on the site search for the table . I hope I helped a little. If you have any more questions feel free to contact me and I will try to answer.
    Last edited by Al Sherred; 04-29-2015 at 12:08 AM.