Thread: Stacked Crown Molding

Stacked Crown Molding

Just completed 92' of stacked crown molding in my living room and upstairs hallway. The living room has 16' ceilings. The molding was made with baseboard molding attached to the ceiling and walls and then a standard crown molding attached to them. All inside corners were coped except in the two corners where the sloped ceiling met the wall. I painted all pieces with two coats before mounting and then touched up the nail holes afterwards. The third picture shows a cross section of the crown made with scraps. Just glad to be off the ladder.13.jpg14 (2).jpg21 (2).jpg

16' is up there. Makes for slow going, especially if you have no help. Up down up down...repeat.

Looks good.

Second picture looks like a tray ceiling. I didn't think they would normally do that on a ceiling with that height... Molding itself looks good and that is a long way up on a ladder.
    Last edited by Andrew Kertesz; 04-29-2015 at 6:51 AM. Reason: Added comment
    Andy Kertesz

" Impaled on nails of ice, raked by emerald fire"...... King Crimson '71

Looks good. Working that high is challenging.
    George

Making sawdust regularly, occasionally a project is completed.

Quote Originally Posted by Andrew Kertesz View Post
    Second picture looks like a tray ceiling. I didn't think they would normally do that on a ceiling with that height...
    Thanks for the comments. It's not a tray ceiling. That is my attic entrance door.

Looks great. Love the idea of using base molding upside down...nice job.

I did the same for my house 10 years ago. Not sure how many linear feet but I installed the moldings everywhere in the house including bath rooms and closets since it's free labor
    Crown Moulding.jpg