Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Borg wood Scandi/hybrid vise request.

I pondered a long time, and still made regretful decisions! My only advise would be to plan well, and stick to it. I made a few changes half way through my build, and it always created some compromises. Regarding the twin screw end vise, I don't think the racking is really that big of an issue. In fact, it can be controlled a lot by having the two screws. I planed a 2 degree angle to the chop face, which squares up when tight. Here is the under bench pic.IMAG5336.jpgIMAG5337.jpgIMAG5340.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by Bill Baethke View Post
    I pondered a long time, and still made regretful decisions! My only advise would be to plan well, and stick to it. I made a few changes half way through my build, and it always created some compromises. Regarding the twin screw end vise, I don't think the racking is really that big of an issue. In fact, it can be controlled a lot by having the two screws. I planed a 2 degree angle to the chop face, which squares up when tight. Here is the under bench pic.IMAG5336.jpgIMAG5337.jpgIMAG5340.jpg
    Bill, thanks for those pics. They help a lot. If I go this way, your design is what seems to make the most sense for me. That is unless I wimp out and just buy a pair of face vises and just mount them up.....lol.