Thread: Really, my thread got deleted?

Really, my thread got deleted?

So why did my thread about my grizzly bandsaw get deleted? Can we not say anything bad about a brand of machine I own since they are a forum sponsor? I don't get a message explaining why or anything??? Don't tell me SMC has turned into one of "those" forums now... I noticed a reply to my thread saying someone had a bad experience with minimax got edited by a mod to remove that part as well...

Dustin,

Your thread wasn't deleted. Another Moderator moved it to the Moderator's Forum where it's disposition is being discussed.

Actually, what was deleted from the other member's post was his inaccurate accusations about SMC. I know what was edited out, I did it.

Your thread started out as your asking for recommendations and it morphed into a Grizzly tool rant which is not allowed by the sticky thread at the top of every forum. The thread is titled "Read Me First" ....and the section of concern is "Before You Rant".

Let me post it for you:

Before You Rant Read This December 20th, 2010

"It is the intent of SMC to permit the airing of concerns regarding the suitability of a particular product, or the quality or sufficiency of customer service provided by a vendor in any particular instance provided there is not a breach of contract component involved.

However, these threads often deteriorate into a "piling on" and develop a very negative tone. That doesn't assist other viewers in assessing the overall advisability of whether to buy this particular product, nor to assess the overall customer service provided by that manufacturer/vendor.

In order to be fair to the many vendors that provide woodworking products, the following policies will be in force:
    The original poster must have first contacted the manufacturer/vendor and have attempted a solution PRIOR to posting the thread.
    The original poster should provide factual details of the problem, and details of efforts that have been made with the manufacturer/vendor to rectify the problem.
    Subsequent posts must be limited to suggestions to the original poster to assist in rectifying the problem - not to pile on because you had similar problems.

SMC is a woodworking forum. The intended purpose is to provide a community in which useful information may be shared among the members. Threads that do not achieve that purpose will be locked, or removed if necessary." SawMill Creek is not a Court of Law and we are not in a position to judge a breach of contract case here, therefore SawMill Creek will not become a stage or a courtroom for a legal dispute between two or more parties, it just isn't our mission.

People can write negative posts about a machine or manufacturer's customer service within the guidelines listed in the above quote from that thread.

If you read the Terms Of Service, you will find that SMC retains the right to edit or delete anything a member posts. While we often notify the member via PM, it is done only as a courtesy and we are not obligated to do so.

Someone will notify you when we have decided how your thread will be handled.
    Last edited by Ken Fitzgerald; 04-29-2015 at 9:40 PM.
    Ken

So much to learn, so little time.....

BTW....we seldom delete a thread. Usually the threads that get deleted are the duplicates or something in the Classifieds Forum that gets sold etc. Those threads that violate the TOSs, are usually just moved to the Moderators' Forum for discussion among Moderators and Administrators. There, they remain out of public view but do, in fact, still exist.
    Ken

So much to learn, so little time.....