Thread: Fagor 8055 and 8055m POST Processor

Fagor 8055 and 8055m POST Processor

Hell all,

At my new job we have and oldder machine that sat at another location for many years. It was table basically. Well we purchased it from the location, and it kind of works.

It came with a post processor for the machine(it even has the name of the machine in the post correct), but we have to change some code to get it to work. So we called our local master cam to see about another post processor. The problem is they said that can help because the machine was bought in a another state, and that state much handle technical support, and we must fly them to our site so they can work on the post processor to match the machine.

Is that the sillyest thing you have ever heard. So we don't have the money to do that, and we continue to just have to modify the code by hand.

Anyone here have fagor 8055m or 8055 machine that already have post procossor?

Thanks
    Redsail x700, 50watt & Shenhui 350, 50 watt

Post your request at practical machinist and hobby machinist as well. May get a more diverse audience when it comes to POSTs.
    Glad its my shop I am responsible for - I only have to make me happy.

That seems just crazy. We always had a contract programmer who was also later a software rep do our posts for us. I've been out of it for awhile and I don't know who we used when we switched over to mastercam. But I would not think that any territorial sales or commissions would be in jeopardy if you purchased and relocated the machine, it was likely not on a support agreement anyway. It just doesn't make sense.

Yes I'ts crazy alright

Quote Originally Posted by Scott Hearn View Post
    That seems just crazy. We always had a contract programmer who was also later a software rep do our posts for us. I've been out of it for awhile and I don't know who we used when we switched over to mastercam. But I would not think that any territorial sales or commissions would be in jeopardy if you purchased and relocated the machine, it was likely not on a support agreement anyway. It just doesn't make sense.
    So what we are going to do right now I think is we are going to buy Artcam Express $150. It's has a post processor, and works pretty good with the fagor. It's won't do 5th axis, which is what we want eventually. But artcam seems like it will do the job. I have my own 15" x 17" cnc with artcam at my house. I took a design and ran it through the post fagor processer and took it work. Uploaded the file, and it worked really good.

So until we can figure mastercam out this is a good alternative for us. Weird how a $150 dollar program will do what the master can won't
    Redsail x700, 50watt & Shenhui 350, 50 watt