Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 678910

Thread: G0766 ... they're on their way!!!

1. Quote Originally Posted by David Cramer View Post
    Roger,

Respectfully, your "confirmed" date of 11 days ago was not truly confirmed as all of the supposed snafus (shipping, etc...) were surely worked into that "confirmed" date on your specific order or how was it "confirmed"? Confirmed means it's official and that they know they'll have it by a certain date and when it will be delivered.

Regardless of what they are telling you, your order being number 1 or 21 shouldn't matter as they are not just sending 1 out the first day that they deliver them to customers.

I mean Wow!, even though it has to arrive eventually, I truly feel bad for a lot of you who seem to have been strung along. In the same situation, I'd be like Hu at this point and have a hard time giving the CS at Grizzly any credibility. Is this typical for Grizzly with new releases or is it all to be blamed on shipping and docks holding merchandise?

David
    David........that confirmed date was what the factory gave to Grizzly, and what the CS reps were going off of, and from which all of us purchasers got our information from them. Turns out, there was some delay.......now what exactly was the delay, I do not know for sure........a couple of things have been mentioned .......[production delay, slow down at ports, which I thought had been resolved, and getting through customs was also mentioned to me.]

Now, I have a call in to the guy who called me from the Missouri distribution center on 5/21.......I am hoping to get the latest, and hopefully find out where the lathes actually are.............stay tuned!
    Remember, in a moments time, everything can change!

Vision - not just seeing what is, but seeing what can be!

Blog Entries
    It is a proven fact that the more people involved in passing information along the more that message gets garbled and distorted. This is why large companies try to make announcements from the top down. Apple, learned this the hard way, everyone wants to know what new products will be available and when. Apple fights tooth and nail to keep the left hand and right hand from trying to divulge premature information to the market place. It upsets the news media looking for a way to spin new information but they respect their clients enough to not leak information. If the largest company in the world can do it Grizzly can too. It may not be easy to do but if Apple can do it so can they. The problem is the left hand trying to guess or assume from incomplete info. what is going on with the right hand. It requires a tight management hand to keep that from happening, especially when customer service people start trying to interpret information from another part of the world on their own.

I'm not trying to pick on Grizzly as this is IMHO a pervasive issue with many products these days. The internet speeds things up within a global market place and allows people to shop the best prices, lowering revenues. Unfortunately, in my experience, lower priced products results in less customer service. People know Apple products are not the least expensive but they buy them for reasons other than price. It seems to me that we are not being realistic if we expect top customer service from a company bringing a product to the market at dramatically lower prices. Although buying premium products is not a guarantee of better customer service, longer warranties and higher revenues do provide vendor incentives.
    Last edited by Mike Holbrook; 05-26-2015 at 11:02 AM.

3. Quote Originally Posted by Mike Holbrook View Post
    It is a proven fact that the more people involved in passing information along the more that message gets garbled and distorted. This is why large companies try to make announcements from the top down. Apple, learned this the hard way, everyone wants to know what new products will be available and when. Apple fights tooth and nail to keep the left hand and right hand from trying to divulge premature information to the market place. It upsets the news media looking for a way to spin new information but they respect their clients enough to not leak information. If the largest company in the world can do it Grizzly can too. It may not be easy to do but if Apple can do it so can they. The problem is the left hand trying to guess or assume from incomplete info. what is going on with the right hand. It requires a tight management hand to keep that from happening, especially when customer service people start trying to interpret information from another part of the world on their own.

I'm not trying to pick on Grizzly as this is IMHO a pervasive issue with many products these days. The internet speeds things up within a global market place and allows people to shop the best prices, lowering revenues. Unfortunately, in my experience, lower priced products results in less customer service. People know Apple products are not the least expensive but they buy them for reasons other than price. It seems to me that we are not being realistic if we expect top customer service from a company bringing a product to the market at dramatically lower prices. Although buying premium products is not a guarantee of better customer service, longer warranties and higher revenues do provide vendor incentives.
    Mike.........I agree with your observations here..........cannot argue with your logic in this post. I sure hope definitive information is forthcoming in short order.......somebody at Grizzly knows exactly where these things are, I would think! RFID tags should go on shipments [I would think!] Scans at the ports, etc should be able to tell whether or not the shipment has arrived on U.S. soil [I would think!] I guess this is more of the sort of thing you were just speaking to!
    Remember, in a moments time, everything can change!

Vision - not just seeing what is, but seeing what can be!

What would be truly helpful would be for any of what must be several Grizzly employees who are following this discussion to actually post a comment or two and clear up the confusion. And if Grizzly *isn't* following this thread (even covertly), they're really missing an opportunity to see how their company is being perceived in the community...

I applaud those of you who are sticking with Grizzly - especially Roger the Eternal Optimist (!) - but at this point if I were in the market for a new lathe, I'd either buy a Grizzly lathe that has been proven to exist (like the G0733) or I'd look elsewhere.

Fortunately, I'm not in the market and can just read these threads with amusement and shake my head at Grizzly's complete mismanagement of this new product rollout... ;-)

Quote Originally Posted by Marty Tippin View Post
    What would be truly helpful would be for any of what must be several Grizzly employees who are following this discussion to actually post a comment or two and clear up the confusion. And if Grizzly *isn't* following this thread (even covertly), they're really missing an opportunity to see how their company is being perceived in the community...

I applaud those of you who are sticking with Grizzly - especially Roger the Eternal Optimist (!) - but at this point if I were in the market for a new lathe, I'd either buy a Grizzly lathe that has been proven to exist (like the G0733) or I'd look elsewhere.

Fortunately, I'm not in the market and can just read these threads with amusement and shake my head at Grizzly's complete mismanagement of this new product rollout... ;-)

Marty,

This isn't the worst new product rollout I have seen but there is still time to get there!

Hu

6. While Ill agree that Grizzly has completely dropped the ball with this rollout, I have dealt with their CS personally with other machines I have purchased. They gave me a full refund once on a machine that went defective after the warranty. Thats only one example of exceptional CS. The only other tool company CS I have had to deal with is Teknatool and that was a nightmare.

Grizzly CS does indeed follow threads. The owner is even a member at some WW sites and posts. Im sure they are well aware of this thread and Im surprised someone from there hasn't posted. I agree it would be helpful for someone in the know to respond and keep everyone on the same page. It would cut down on their phone calls too!