Page 1 of 10 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: G0766 ... they're on their way!!!

G0766 ... they're on their way!!!

Just got word from CS @ Grizzly that the G0766 lathes have left the factory and are in fact "en route" and the expected delivery date for my unit is now ......get this, a week earlier May 15th! [mine will be the first one shipped]

Now, I know there are some others who were expecting to have it shipped on May 22nd as well, so this is good news! I thought those interested would at least appreciate knowing that a shipment has in fact headed our way!
    Last edited by Roger Chandler; 05-01-2015 at 1:47 PM.
    Remember, in a moments time, everything can change!

Vision - not just seeing what is, but seeing what can be!

Lets wish for fair winds and calm seas! I want that boat floating and not running into any delays!!!

Awesome news! Did CS contact you or did you phone/email them? That'd be great if the lathes roll in a bit early

Quote Originally Posted by Matt Schrum View Post
    Awesome news! Did CS contact you or did you phone/email them? That'd be great if the lathes roll in a bit early
    I spoke by phone with a CS rep. I seem to have a feel for how they work, so for a couple of days I had thought about calling them, and decided since this was May 1st to go ahead and see if they were going to be a few days early, which I thought would happen all along, based upon prior results I had with previous purchases.

Roger, that's good news. I have a question for you, it may have been mentioned in a previous thread. What country are they manufactured in? Are the castings from the same factory as Jet/powermatic?

Quote Originally Posted by Hayes Rutherford View Post
    Roger, that's good news. I have a question for you, it may have been mentioned in a previous thread. What country are they manufactured in? Are the castings from the same factory as Jet/powermatic?
    Hayes........I think they are, as the castings look so similar to the Jet lathes. The electronics & motor are from Taiwan by Delta electronics.....it is the M series sensorless vector micro drive inverter.......from what I am told the smoothest and best for lathes.

I am not absolutely sure on the castings location, but the same company makes both PM, Jet & Grizzly.

That's great news Roger. I have a friend that has one on order, I hope he gets his soon as well. I can't wait to see it.

Roger, my Powermatic says Taiwan so that's a good thing

Great news there Roger, and others waiting for that matter. I know that the wait will be well worth the sweetness when you see that truck pull up to your shop!

Fantastic, hope it's all the lathe you're expecting, and then some! Am curious to read your full review after knee-deep chips.

Quote Originally Posted by Roland Martin View Post
    Fantastic, hope it's all the lathe you're expecting, and then some! Am curious to read your full review after knee-deep chips.
    Thanks Roland! Its been a while since I saw a post from you......glad you are still hanging around the creek! I do plan to do a full review after a couple of projects on this unit......I will probably begin a post when I get it in and set up with initial impressions, then go to the full review after at least a couple of bowls or maybe a hollowform and a bowl.

Our club had a meeting this morning with a guy doing a hat demo........they have my G0698 set up and has been used for a couple weeks or so, and when I went by it, I patted it on the bed.......got a smile from a friend who has been in my shop numerous times over the last few years. Funny........that lathe looks bigger in the setting of our club space than it did in my shop! Perspectives change I guess with the setting, but I thought about the new lathe being even a bit bigger, and thought how glad I will be to get it in place and running..........

Our club has one on order, we will be glad to get it in!
    Retired - when every day is Saturday (unless it's Sunday).

13. Quote Originally Posted by Thom Sturgill View Post
    Our club has one on order, we will be glad to get it in!
    When did your club place its order Thom?

Darn Roger, that is great news. I can't remember how long ago I sold my Jet but I am going nuts now that its May and I may get to turn soon. I am going to schedule a few days off work, friday and Monday to create a very long weekend, let the wife know I will be in the shop, and not come out. My delivery date was the 22nd and I hope it comes in sooner.

15. Quote Originally Posted by Scott Brandstetter View Post
    Darn Roger, that is great news. I can't remember how long ago I sold my Jet but I am going nuts now that its May and I may get to turn soon. I am going to schedule a few days off work, friday and Monday to create a very long weekend, let the wife know I will be in the shop, and not come out. My delivery date was the 22nd and I hope it comes in sooner.
    That sounds like a great plan, Scott! I wish I could do the same!