I own a small woodworking business out in the country.

I built a 16x16 cabin to display my woodworkings. These range from toys, detailed models, jewelery boxes and so forth. I do make some larger items but they will be in the center.

We have a studio tour about once a year and so lots of people come through (last 2 years been asked about being in provincial tourism brochures but felt I was not set up to handle that yet). I also have customers showing up all the time and I would like a nicer, cleaner way to display my products. (its better to have 1 or 2 toys on display instead of the 10,40,200 I have made. )

So the plan is to make the bottoms with doors to hide tubs for going to shows and other supplies for them, and for inventory. I would like anywhere from 24-34 inches and up to be glass door. possibly glass shelf as well with interior lighting.

The exterior looks like an old cabin with live edge head sawn vertical clapboard. Interior (unfinished) has oiled pine 2x6 as fake beams, Cathedral ceiling with 3 laminated 4.5 x5.5 beams. the walls are white painted plywood.

I would like the cabinets to show build quality but have a rustic feel which I feel has more to do with material choice as the style will definitely be along the lines of arts and crafts, shaker.

I have been stalling on this as what ever I start with I feel like I must continue on the other 3 walls.

I have attached a photo of the basic idea. to the right is a pellet stove and to the left is a counter I built to hold a 1920s cash register.... still works. So I thought a full length angled display would work nicely with the door on the side. is there a rule on how thick rails and styles need to be per size of door?

How tall should I make them in the photo is 60 inches (thinking maybe staggered heights might be good). I am 5' 11" but wondering how tall to make it?

I also planed on making the top and bottom separate for ease of build and moving, or maybe depending on finish I should do built ins, as the cabin is 30ft walk to the shop.

Color was just nicer to see then sketch up standard white. I did not put a lot of detail as I am not 100% sold on the design just basic layout.
display cabinet.jpg

I have just about every tool including cnc with 4th axis except a festool domino, but do have a biscuit (hardly touch) and a mortiser.

I am running 7 days a week so its why I thought sections would be good.