Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Can Corian hold screws?

Quote Originally Posted by David Linnabary View Post
    You might through drill the corian and install a tee nut from behind, possibly epoxy the tee nut in place.

David
    This is IMO the best idea yet. DuPont makes available an installation guide for their solid surface products. I don't have time right now to look through it but recall threaded inserts and epoxy. I'd guess just drill and tap would be adequate for towel bars.

Quote Originally Posted by Bonnie Campbell View Post
    If it were me.... lazy as I am.... I would remove the bar and oak piece. Then strip and refinish the oak with a better water resistant sealer. That is if you're happy with the oak piece itself.
    The contractor was cheap and he actually nailed together three pieces of oak to make up an oak board. I don't know why he couldn't have spent $6 on a new piece of wood.

My original plan was to just stain and finish a new piece of oak with a better finish. I was searching for the best finish here on the Creek and someone recommended Corian for a shelf in a bathroom instead of wood. I read that and decided that maybe Corian would work for what I am doing.

Press-fit insert nut for Corian. http://www.mscdirect.com/browse/tn/F...navid=12108838

Can add epoxy if need be but it probably isn't totally necessary.