Thread: Laser acting Weird

Laser acting Weird

I just went to work at a local awards shop and they have an Universal M20. Been using it since 1998 and as best as I can tell it has never had much of anything done to it. They use Corel X5 and I am just beginning to understand it. Of coarse it is out busy season right now and everything I have to laser has to be done 2 or 3 times. I figuring that it needs a tube. Also it will skip lines to be engraved and it is getting to be very aggravating. Am I correct is saying that it has seen a better day and it's time to upgrade? Have to have backup to show the boss.

If you have to engrave everything two or three times just tell your boss how much time is being wasted, product scrapped because the laser is naf. If they have half a brain you will be working on a repaired or upgraded laser in short order.
    Guy Hilliard

Sawdust and Noise

Trotec Speedy 400 w 80W, rotary attachment, vacuum table, cutting table, lamella bars

AXYZ 4008 w 7 position ATC, Servos, Vacuum, pins, laser digitizer

CorelDRAW X6,
    Rhino 5,
    Aspire

I agree with guy, if you have to do it multiple times that tube is toast and possibly other things are overdue for overhaul. If you take your salary say $15/hr and you waste 1/2 of that on redos that laser is costing your boss $1200 a month in your wages alone, plus all the damaged material and opportunity cost. Show that to your boss and he will get that fixed in short order.
    Trotec Speedy 400 120w, Trotec Speedy 300 80w
    Thunderlaser Mars-130 with EFR 130w tube
    Signature Rotary Engravers (2)
    Epson F6070 Large Format Printer, Geo Knight Air Heat Presses (2)