Thread: Some new work.

Some new work.

Thought I'd share a recent piece I designed. It's inspired by old-school Sanborn insurance map covers. I did the illustration, then engraved it on a solid maple panel. Ran it at 1200 dpi to get a really dark and detailed burn.

What do you guys think?

11242742_695732533881953_884247266_n.jpg
    Epilog Helix 24 - 50w
    Kern HSE 50x100 - 400w (rated at 479w!)

I like it nice job
    If the Help and advice you received here was of any VALUE to you PLEASE! Become a Contributor
    Rabbit RL_XX_6040-60 watt Laser engraving/cutting machine Oh wait its a 3D Printer my bad LOL
    Lasercut 5.3
    CorelDraw X5

10" Miter Saw with slide
    10" Table Saw
    8" bench mount 5 speed Drill Press
    Dremel, 3x21 Belt Sander

nice - really nice
    HARDWARE - Macbook Retina Pro - Toshiba Satellite - Epilog Helix 60W Co2 Laser & Rotary - Trotec Speedy 300 Co2 Laser - Gravo IS400 IQ Engraver. - Pcut CTO630 Vinyl Cutter. - Wacom DTF720 Touch / Trace Screen - GKS DC16 Sublimation Press - Chinese 6040 CNC Router
    SOFTWARE - VMware Fusion / Windows 8.1 - Coreldraw X6 - Trotec Job Control 9.4.4.2 - E-cut - Gravostyle 7 - ULS 1Touch Photo - BizzWizz Invoicing / Stock Control / Ledger - VB6 Pro - Mach3 - V-Carve Desktop

Beautiful job
    Retired Guy- Central Iowa.HVAC/R , Cloudray Galvo Fiber , -Windows 10

Very nice, I'm jealous
    Thunder Laser MARS 90 (130 watt)
    RD Works V8
    1 Phillips Screwdriver
    1 Straight Edge
    1 Hammer
    1 Dull Chisel
    1 Pencil Sharpener (manually operated)

Plan your work, work your plan. It shows that you did both. Well done.
    Epilog Legend 36EXT ~35W
    30W Fiber Laser
    Ender 3 PRO
    Corel X6
    AutoCAD 2019
    FFL 01

I love the combination of classic design and fontwork executed by a modern laser - well done! The wood looks so rich and you managed to get a nice tone for the lines, that's the mark of someone who knows what he is doing!
    Epilog Mini 18/25w & 35w, Mac and Vaio, Corel x3, typical art toys, airbrush... I'm a Laserhead, my husband is a Neanderthal - go figure

Red Coin Mah Jong

Very nice work. You said you ran it at 1200 DPI, What is the highest DPI possible? I have Corel X7 and a Speedy 300 80 watt and was under the impression that 1000 DPI was the highest I could go? I love the design as well as the detail!

Jeffrey, I use an epilog helix, which can engrave at 1200 dpi.

Thanks everyone for the kind words. Almost everything I've learned about lasers I've learned here! So thank you guys!!
    Epilog Helix 24 - 50w

Great work. The maple really compliments the graphics and font design. The graphic details inside the font looks great too. Those old maps and documents are amazing pieces of work.
    I read recipes the same way I read science fiction. I get to the end and I think, "Well, that’s not going to happen."

Thanks for the response, and update on the DPI! That is great looking art!I'm still working on my corel and haven't come close to that kind of detail! I'm Jealous!

Quote Originally Posted by Jeffrey Dewing View Post
    Thanks for the response, and update on the DPI! That is great looking art!I'm still working on my corel and haven't come close to that kind of detail! I'm Jealous!
    Keep at it! Start with a pencil to flesh out your idea before getting on the computer. Expose yourself to as much artwork as possible (behance.net is great). The more you see, the better you'll get!
    Epilog Helix 24 - 50w

That's nice work.
    I found the original sanborn - did you trace a good portion of the 'washington' letters, or do it from scratch by hand? It must have taken a lot of time if you did it from scratch.

Don Corbeil

AutoCAD 2000i