Thread: GCC mercury laserpro pinnacle FIX for cant send file "aka bad mainboard"

GCC mercury laserpro pinnacle FIX for cant send file "aka bad mainboard"

I am posting this hoping someone else can use this info to fix their Mercury laser or other GCC type machine that has a communication problem that has been diagnosed as a bad mainboard.

If you have the problem of not being able to print from corel etc. anymore and it seems like the file is taking forever to get to the laser and never does This may fix your problem. The laser would test fire and everything seemed ok. I tried everything switching 5 different cables and trying new computers and firmware etc. after paying for a tech call to signwarehouse they said I needed a new 1000$ plus mainboard and they had one left (2 years ago)

So I stayed up messing with it and found out after going in the test function after startup (hold start and pause when starting the machine) and messing around for a while I think it had a had a memory diagnostic that came up as bad or the memory was real small I will post after I turn it back on tomorrow (trying to fix it again laser tube) either way I turned the machine off and even looked into buying a new memory stick on ebay. I thought the memory stick was seated correctly, being old memory I wasn't familiar with how it was seated. Trying to get it out it snapped and locked in place I thought "hmmm..." I think it was unseated. I turned the laser back on and it said SDRAM OK as soon as i went back into diagnostic mode.

So long story short always test your memory if its a communication problem or mainboard problem. Buy a new stick even before scrapping your machine or buying a new mainboard. They are dirt cheap old tech on ebay. I hope this helps at least one person as I got the inspiration after reading a post on here to go into the diagnostic menu.
    Last edited by Joe Walmer; 05-09-2015 at 12:27 AM.
    Epilog Mini 18 30 watt
    GCC Pinnacle/Laser PRO Mercury 25x18 30 watt (J48-2S Tube is down)
    Corel Draw X5