Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Weather craziness

Quote Originally Posted by Steve Rozmiarek View Post
    I know a guy who went hunting in western Texas this weekend, said they just got epic rain in that spot, same storm as yours possibly Scott?. Apparently this weather is all along the front edge of the rockies.

LOL, sure Rod, just this once though. Larry, my daughter pointed out that shockingly, the apple tree in the yard still has some good looking flowers, we may luck out.... Not good weather to finish planting corn in though. I'm a little worried about 54# wheat now too Jim.
    For the most part yes. The moisture that feeds these storms comes up out of the Gulf and sometimes the storms themselves come up out of Texas and just truck on. That warm moist air hits a cold front coming off the Rockies and whamo, you got drama.

It's rained every day except for the last couple and it's started again today. It won't take much to get major flooding as the ground is totally saturated. I think we had storms for 6 days straight and they were nasty, 2" rainfall per hour and 10MPH (and under) storm movement, tornados, lightning, they brought it all. We need the water but dang...

It's doing it again, and it's not funny anymore Mrs. Nature...

This afternoon at work. I'm supposed to be watching corn grow by now, not waiting for the snow to melt to plant it.

My little semi dwarf apple tree is sure ahead of season. It has well over a hundred apples on it, some of which are already over 2" across. It is a weird tree, and produces two crops a year, and once tried for three. Apricots are half grown too.
    Rick Potter

DIY journeyman,
    FWW wannabe.
    AKA Village Idiot.

That is an odd tree Rick, I didn't know any did multiple crops. What kind of apples?

Apparently, El Nino is going to give us the mildest, wettest summer since 2007. And boy does Texas need that. It has thundershowered every day for the last 2 weeks. Cannot remember a time like that. Take all we can get.

Erik
    Ex-SCM and Felder rep

Steve,

I think they are called Anna apples, but I will have to ask the wife tomorrow. It is a semi-dwarf tree in our back yard, about 7-8' tall. I tried to post a pic, but it didn't work.
    Rick Potter

DIY journeyman,
    FWW wannabe.
    AKA Village Idiot.