Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: A free lesson in cleaning a bandsaw

Quote Originally Posted by Phillip Gregory View Post
    Conventional bow making as well as fence posts are what it is good for. That is also ALL it is good for.
    Not all it is good for.

IMG_0003.jpg

Bois d' arc is a very interesting wood, in history and in use. I've used it for turnings, boxes and the above rocker.

I keep a shop vac underneath the outfeed table at my bandsaw. I use it for cleaning off the sawdust on the table and around the lower guide. I believe Glenn Bradley uses modification to the dust ports on his bandsaw to effectively collect the sawdust. One of these days I'm going to try it on mine.
    Cody

Logmaster LM-1 sawmill, 30 hp Kioti tractor w/ FEL, Stihl 290 chainsaw, 300 bf cap. Solar Kiln

That's a beautiful rocker, Cody. Well done.
    -Lud

Quote Originally Posted by Cody Colston View Post
    Not all it is good for.

IMG_0003.jpg

Bois d' arc is a very interesting wood, in history and in use. I've used it for turnings, boxes and the above rocker.

I keep a shop vac underneath the outfeed table at my bandsaw. I use it for cleaning off the sawdust on the table and around the lower guide. I believe Glenn Bradley uses modification to the dust ports on his bandsaw to effectively collect the sawdust. One of these days I'm going to try it on mine.
    That's a pretty rocking chair!

I don't have a particularly high opinion of the trees as they often grew in areas we were clearing out and we would have to remove them. That is not particularly fun as they are usually a matted mess of branches covered all over with long sharp spines. There was a lot of sweat and blood expended in removing them.

This is a public domain picture of what those spines looked like:

bois-darc-osage-orange_49_img_2851.jpg
    Last edited by Phillip Gregory; 05-16-2015 at 11:05 PM.