Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: WTB New Laser - Mainstream

Quote Originally Posted by Paul Phillips View Post
    Steve, FWIW, are you talking about both the X and Y belts and bearing all together? I just bought the X belt and bearing kit and it was $219, I haven't had need to replace the Y belts yet. I do much more cutting than engraving though.
    Yes, replacing everything in both axis. I think it also includes the bearings and pulleys that are on the Y-Axis. It's been a while since we replaced them all and they are due for it. It hasn't gotten as much usage as it used to since we try to do most everything on the Trotec these days.
    Lasers : Trotec Speedy 300 75W, Trotec Speedy 300 80W, Galvo Fiber Laser 20W
    Printers : Mimaki UJF-6042 UV Flatbed Printer , HP Designjet L26500 61" Wide Format Latex Printer, Summa S140-T 48" Vinyl Plotter
    Router : ShopBot 48" x 96" CNC Router Rotary Engravers : (2) Xenetech XOT 16 x 25 Rotary Engravers

Real name Steve but that name was taken on the forum. Used Middle name. Call me Steve or Scott, doesn't matter.

Still again, Even $300 a year/ divided by the amount of money the machine is making you when it wears out those belts. I would not consider that amount excessive, I would consider it the cost of doing business.
    Retired Guy- Central Iowa.HVAC/R , Cloudray Galvo Fiber , -Windows 10

My Trotec runs 8-10 hours a day, 6 days a week. Two days down time in three years.

Robert
    Robert Tepper
    Trotec Rayjet 300/80 Watt
    Dahlgren 500 Engraving Machine, CNC Engraving Machine
    Pad printer with 5 3/4 x 5 3/4" print area
    Jackson Vulcanizers, 15 x 24", three total
    Hegner Scroll Saws, 14", three total

I must be doing something wrong? Going on 6 years and only replaced one limit switch, one lens an mirror. Don't use every day but 5 to 6 hours at time 2 to 3 times a week.
    VLS 4.60 50W,rotary