Thread: PM 2000 table leg supports

PM 2000 table leg supports

I have a PM 2000 table saw. I was going to attach the extension table leg supports when I remembered reading several years ago about someone posting a note about a problem with attaching the legs directly to the particleboard top - not holding well, screws too short, etc. I think the suggestion was to glue a section of plywood or 3/4 inch stock prior to attaching the legs. Does anyone remember anything about this, or have any suggestions?

Thanks,
    jim

Mine tore loose from the particle board top. Fastening to something other than screws into particle board would be a good idea. There is, however, not a whole lot af adjustability in the leg in order to be able to add plywood into. A better solution might be to consider machine flathead screws completely through the top and nutting on the leg. I removed mine years ago after adding an Incra TS-LS fence system

Good luck

Clint

I have this saw, and agree the legs are pretty terrible as sent from Powermatic.

I took mine off a few years back, and keep meaning to sort out a better way to attach them... haven't yet.

I keep my saw out of the way against an exterior wall of my shop, only move it into the center when preparing for a cut. In many ways, it works better for me in this application without the legs in place, and once I drop the saw to the floor of the shop (meaning pull back the casters) I've yet to see any movement or wiggle caused by lack of support on the far side of the extension wing. It also makes it easier to wheel around without the legs.

Don't know if this is the best approach for someone able to keep the saw stationary, but for me it's working fine. I think if I could setup the saw in a permanent location I would consider welding much more substantial legs and mounting them...

Delta uses thru-bolts to attach the legs to the side of the extension table....

I reinforced mine with plywood. PB sucks for screwing into on that table. You bump a leg and poof, cracked.
    -Lud

I took some metal straps and created a cross x-brace to go between the legs and added a strap from about a third of the way down the leg angled at a 45 deg angle back to the table top. I also added the through bolts similar to Mort.