Thread: Help to find specific knob

Help to find specific knob

Hi,
    I am making small cabinet to match existing one. Old one we bought from company which no more exist. It is from Europe.
    This specific knob 3/4" diameter and 3/4" height.
    I spent at least last three days to look over internet sites, can't find anything even close by design.
    I don't have lathe to make it.
    If anybody see on internet something like this knob or have any other suggestions, please let me know.
    Please see attached image.
    Thank you,
    Ed.IMG_0050.jpg

i think you should replace the old ones rather than buying something that matches them.

It could be a variant to solve the problem, but probable as a last resort.
    I do like this cabinets.
    Ed.

no i meant replace the old knobs, just change knobs.

This is the closest I found after a short search : http://hardware-maker.com/5-5-wood-cabinet-knob.html

Quote Originally Posted by Yonak Hawkins View Post
    This is the closest I found after a short search : http://hardware-maker.com/5-5-wood-cabinet-knob.html
    Thank you, I did found it in the past, but they sell by volume to the factories only.
    Ed.

The metal part of your knob is often found in glass knobs. For instance http://www.houseofantiquehardware.co...1&category=100 Of course, you'd still need to find a turner to make the wooden part. Or maybe you can find a wooden knob and drill it out for the metal from the glass knob. I have to admit it seems pretty unlikely. Maybe putting some other design of knob on your new cabinet is what you're going to have to do.
    Last edited by Jamie Buxton; 05-14-2015 at 10:20 AM.

Jamie, thank you for suggesting. I decided to go with close but not same knob on a new cabinet.

Ed.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Eduard Nemirovsky View Post
    Thank you, I did found it in the past, but they sell by volume to the factories only.
    Ed.
    Write and ask for two samples......or ask what factories they sell to and then call the factory or distributor of their product.
    Lee Schierer
    USNA '71
    Go Navy!

My advice, comments and suggestions are free, but it costs money to run the site. If you found something of value here please give a little something back by becoming a contributor! Please Contribute