Just to update--

After the Novocaine wore off, it felt a little like someone had punched me in the face, but that was expected.

Changed the gauze pads a couple of times, no problems.

Antibotics, he has a cubby filled with little packs of a dozen amoxycillin he gives out so he doesn't have to write a scrip, I don't think they're all that strong...

Woke up this morning, feels a little puffy where the teeth were, but that's it. Mouth was a little hard to open.

It's now going on 8pm, and man, I wish I'd done this sooner! The upper crowned tooth, which now the last upper-left tooth, used to pinch the gums
next to the lower tooth that was pulled. That tooth used to be the support of a cantilever bridge, which broke away over 20 years ago.
The tooth above used to contact the lower tooth nicely till that happened, and the upper has been pinching below ever since. Especially while sleeping...

But NOW-- nothing to pinch, nothing to BE pinched! And the shooting pain of just touching either of those teeth for the past month, GONE!
And I can fill my mouth with ice cold diet pepsi or hot coffee, and NOTHING HAPPENS!!

And all it took was 40 minutes and $320 bucks... Better late than never I guess! I'm happy!