Thread: Girl's Bedroom

Girl's Bedroom

Idea from Pottery Barn. Execution all my own. Couple of hidden compartments. Drawers are Blum undermount. These undermounts are significantly better than others I've used.

Finish is Zinser shellac primer followed by a coat of Clark and Kensington flat white, then a coat of semigloss. Allow to dry a couple of days, then a Minwax gel stain and wiped off with a mineral spirits filled rag to leave a slight tint and "dirt" in the cracks. Finally, a coat of semigloss WB polyurethane.

That looks great. I'll bet the girl is thrilled. Does she know where the hidden compartments are, or will she be discovering those on her own?

Great job...

Nicely done Kevin. Next up, a matching dresser???

It looks great, Kevin. I really like the sound of that finishing schedule. Can you take a close-up photo of the look ?

Quote Originally Posted by Jay Aubuchon View Post
    That looks great. I'll bet the girl is thrilled. Does she know where the hidden compartments are, or will she be discovering those on her own?
    She already knows. However seven year olds are quick to show everyone their secrets. Now everybody knows where her good stuff is.

Quote Originally Posted by Al Launier View Post
    Nicely done Kevin. Next up, a matching dresser???
    I already made her a dresser that is nicely made. Cherry, heirloom quality. I might have to prohibit her from taking it when she leaves the nest.

Quote Originally Posted by Yonak Hawkins View Post
    It looks great, Kevin. I really like the sound of that finishing schedule. Can you take a close-up photo of the look ?
    Thanks. Here you go:

Annnnnd...........

Kevin takes the lead in the Dad of the Year competition. We're only entering the top of the backstretch, so you other guys can jump in any time.....

Nicely done, Kevin. Nicely indeed.

And - at age 7 - the concept of secret compartment does not exist in and of its own - it is only cool when you can show your friends.
    When I started woodworking, I didn't know squat. I have progressed in 30 years - now I do know squat.