Blog Entries
    Hey guys,

This thread is two years old.

Apparently, some issues never go away.

Quote Originally Posted by lowell holmes View Post
    Hey guys,

This thread is two years old.

Apparently, some issues never go away.
    Yes Lowell I bought the jointer several years ago but I am just now getting around to getting the DC hooked up to it and thought I would ask the group currently what my best options are when it comes to DC for jointers. Would you have preferred me to start a new thread instead of revive the old one?

Quote Originally Posted by Matt Hardy View Post
    Yes Lowell I bought the jointer several years ago but I am just now getting around to getting the DC hooked up to it and thought I would ask the group currently what my best options are when it comes to DC for jointers. Would you have preferred me to start a new thread instead of revive the old one?
    Actually I learned a few things from the old one...

I also run a HF collector with thien baffle and 4" flex hose and I've never had any issue with chip collection on the jointer. Dust collection on jointers and planers is pretty straight forward and easy because it's 98% big chips (as opposed to fine dust) that the machines are producing.

That is a heck of a score! Just read through this thread. You really made out well with that deal. The jointer look pristine!

I have never understood the problem with reviving an old thread.

I have an 8" Grizzly jointer with a 4" connection, and yes it's usually fine. That's not to say there aren't times when I've had to remove the hose and clean out the jointer chute. And like GB, it might have been triggered by not turning on the DC.

Fugetaboutit.

Quote Originally Posted by Phillip Mitchell View Post
    I also run a HF collector with thien baffle and 4" flex hose and I've never had any issue with chip collection on the jointer. Dust collection on jointers and planers is pretty straight forward and easy because it's 98% big chips (as opposed to fine dust) that the machines are producing.

That is a heck of a score! Just read through this thread. You really made out well with that deal. The jointer look pristine!
    Thanks Phillip. I am pretty excited about the score. I am lucky enough to have a very flexible job that allows me some time everyday to check local listings. I have purchased almost everything for my shop used and for relatively good deals. Some more than others but this and the Unisaw (http://www.sawmillcreek.org/showthre...this-Table-Saw) I picked up cheap have to be at the top of the list as the best deals I have come across. Both need some work although the Jointer only needs some new knives and a new DC connection and it will run great. As a hobbyist I want all the greatest stuff but no income to justify it with so for me finding deals mean everything. I also spent 5 years of my adult life working for DeWalt so that got me a head start with most everything else at "free" or relatively low cost including a Dewalt DW735 Planer. I am still building things up slowly and I have a dedicated shop space that is about 16X30 that is almost complete so I hope to start turning out projects here by the end of the year. Its a slow process when you are raising a family and working everyday.

Blog Entries
    I didn't mean to offend. I was just noting that the thread is two years old. There is no reason to start a new thread.