Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Do you ever use actual router bits in your CNC router?

The solid carbide spiral bits I buy from Whiteside last as long as any of the bits I have bought from CNC router bit companies. It all comes down to the quality of the carbide and the precision of the manufacturing process. There is nothing magic about Onsrud.

Quote Originally Posted by Art Mann View Post
    The solid carbide spiral bits I buy from Whiteside last as long as any of the bits I have bought from CNC router bit companies. It all comes down to the quality of the carbide and the precision of the manufacturing process. There is nothing magic about Onsrud.
    Too bad Whiteside is so far away from me, (I prefer West coast distributors) I will give them a try though. I guess it all depends on your specific application, I've tried 6 or 7 different brands but haven't found anything that will outlast an Onsrud bit for what I do, which is mostly in Acrylic, especially the smaller diameter ones like a .125"x.5" End Mill for hard acrylics when I have to cut tight details in .5" Cast Acrylic. I keep two machines running all day so I'm always looking for what might be better but I haven't found it yet. What I like about Onsrud is the wealth of information that is available on their website to help answer questions and learn about CNC routing, I always recommend new users check it out, also if you call them, they will send a technician out to you to evaluate and train you on proper use of their tools, for free! May be some magic there!
    Universal PLS 6.120D 75 watt
    MutiCam Apex CNC 4'x8' w 6 bit TC.
    EnrRoute 6 Pro 3d software.
    Vision 2550 Rotary Engraver.