Thread: SVG Files

SVG Files

Could someone explain to me how to download and open an svg file in corel. I use firefox browser and everytime I try down load an svg file it opens IE and saves it as a webpage and when I clic on the icon it just opens that webpage. Thanx for any help.
    If the Help and advice you received here was of any VALUE to you PLEASE! Become a Contributor
    Rabbit RL_XX_6040-60 watt Laser engraving/cutting machine Oh wait its a 3D Printer my bad LOL
    Lasercut 5.3
    CorelDraw X5

10" Miter Saw with slide
    10" Table Saw
    8" bench mount 5 speed Drill Press
    Dremel, 3x21 Belt Sander

right click / save as
    You did what !

I thought people only used IE to download Firefox or Chrome. I would never use it on the internet unless I wanted trouble as in viruses etc.
    Universal Laser VLS6.60, Tantillus 3D printer, Electronic design
    edns Group, Mairangi Bay, Auckland, New Zealand

Keith that the first thing I do when I get a computer, I download Firefox and then chrome, I then delete the IE icon but the browser stays on the computer. For the longest time I had to file my monthly state taxes using IE just a few months ago the state finally upgraded ,now we can use firefox.

Quote Originally Posted by Keith Colson View Post
    I thought people only used IE to download Firefox or Chrome. I would never use it on the internet unless I wanted trouble as in viruses etc.
    If the Help and advice you received here was of any VALUE to you PLEASE! Become a Contributor
    Rabbit RL_XX_6040-60 watt Laser engraving/cutting machine Oh wait its a 3D Printer my bad LOL
    Lasercut 5.3
    CorelDraw X5

10" Miter Saw with slide
    10" Table Saw
    Dremel, 3x21 Belt Sander

Ahh, I see Bert. You can remove the default file association so instead of opening in IE it could default to download or open with Corel etc. I know "save as" works but it can catch you out and I like to set my computers to do what I want. This explains the operation for win7

http://www.7tutorials.com/how-associ...otocol-program

Cheers
    Keith
    Universal Laser VLS6.60, Tantillus 3D printer, Electronic design
    edns Group, Mairangi Bay, Auckland, New Zealand

You should also be able to right click and choose "open file with"...
    Shenhui 1440x850, 130 Watt Reci Z6
    Gerber Sabre 408

It doesn't give me that option, but it says save picture, and I guess I never tried that because I wanted a vector file. I just now saved the picture and it opened in corel as a vector image.I hate the fact that it always opens IE and it takes 6 weeks for the picture to open. gawd.

Thnx guys I guess I'm set now

Quote Originally Posted by Rich Harman View Post
    You should also be able to right click and choose "open file with"...
    Lasercut 5.3
    CorelDraw X5

10" Miter Saw with slide
    10" Table Saw
    Dremel, 3x21 Belt Sander