Thread: E-Stop Wiring - Help Needed !

E-Stop Wiring - Help Needed !

I need to know if I can add a foot-operated E-stop to my band saw. I’m 95% sure I can, easily, but I need to know absolute for sure.

I just called Grizzly tech support, but the guy I talked to was clueless to the point of disbelief. (Se my other, recent post.) He said the diagram must be a mistake, that no footswitch is provided, and that Grizzly doesn’t advise users on how to “modify” their machines.

“Modify?” It’s right there in the bloody diagram.

Can someone help me out with this?
    ————————

The G0531B has your typical mag switch plus remote controller box, but with the added wrinkle of a magnetic motor brake. (This is the part hanging me up.) The wiring diagram, below, specifically shows an additional "foot brake switch" wired into the control panel.
    Here it is:
    https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/...%20diagram.jpg

I assume this means a foot-operated E-stop, wired in parallel with the main stop button. -
    ———————

My questions:

1: Is there any possible way this WOULDN’T Work, even though it’s shown as plain as day?

2: It would be a simple momentary switch, correct? (Not a latching switch.)

3: Any special requirements of such a switch? - I assume no, since it’s controlling a low voltage solenoid.

#4: Will this switch BOTH turn off the motor AND engage the magnetic brake?

- Thanks.

I have the foot brake with switch but no magnetic motor brake. The switch is momentary and is similar to the door closure safety switches.

Wire it in series with the foot brake (if you saw has that) between off22 and on14.
    Detailed solution in your thread at woodnet.
    Glad its my shop I am responsible for - I only have to make me happy.

I got my answers from Mike, on that other site.

- And WOW ! what an amazingly detailed & helpful response. Just incredible.

Thanks, guys.