Thread: laser page smaller than corel page

laser page smaller than corel page

I am having a problem with my Epilog legend32. For some reason the laser beleives it is 31.78" x 19.81". In corel11 the page is set at 32" x 20". Is there any way to check for margins or something that will shrink the page in the laser driver?

I talked to a tech at epilog, he says it may have somehow picked up a margin from another printer driver in the computer.??? and basically told me to deal with it, and not use the complete page, to bring all items 1/4" from the edges and it will work.

I have since used other files and found if some of the items fill more of the page they don't stay where they are in the file when printed (on the right side of the page).

I am at my day job now and can't check the possible repairs till this afternoon. Please post whatever you can think of to fix this for me. It is driving me nuttier than usual.
    Thank You everyone. Jaime
    EPILOG LEGEND 32 60 WATT, CORELDRAWX5, PhotoGraV2.11, strip heater, PUNTA GORDA, FLORIDA

You're differences are .22" X and .19" Y--

Is your 0/0 home point still 0/0, or is it offset .11 and .095?

Is the laser engraving to the same ratio as the difference, or engraving exact?
    As in, if you engrave an 8" x 5" rectangle, does it measure 7. 945 x 4.953, which would be the
    correct difference ratio, or is it engraving 8 x 5?

If it's engraving the wrong ratio, tell Epilog it's not a simple "margin" problem.

If it's engraving the correct size, then a quick fix would be to re-zero your home point so
    your engraving will go where it's supposed to. The less than 1/4" table loss shouldn't hurt much...

Why the difference, not sure other than there may be some ratio adjustment in the
    print driver that's off? Your % comes out to 99.6125% of correct btw, not that that helps much...
    ========================================
    ELEVEN - rotary cutter tool machines
    FOUR - CO2 lasers
    THREE- make that FOUR now - fiber lasers
    ONE - vinyl cutter
    CASmate, Corel, Gravostyle

I have not checked the engraved size compared to the drawn size. I see the printable page size in print preview center x center but smaller than the drawing page. I don't think the home position has changed (only by looking at the mirror location).
    EPILOG LEGEND 32 60 WATT, CORELDRAWX5, PhotoGraV2.11, strip heater, PUNTA GORDA, FLORIDA

Hmm>

I usually print preview first before I print, using the Corel Draw app and the Epilog driver.

In the print preview, You can adjust the 0,0 position and there is a magnification factor.

Kinda hidden, maybe that got set somewhere to 99 %.

Maybe your Corel Draw doesn't have that. Mine did and took me a while to figure that out.
    Legend 24EX, Amaya (Big Red), Server Farm, PBX System Integrator, (5) Shopsmith Mark VII's. Smithy metal 3-1, anything old and grey I will think about buying. " I learn from failure - I learn everyday, but only fail when I refuse to learn."

I hope this works. I took a screen shot of my print preview screen. If it works you can zoom in and see that the printable page is smaller than the drawing page on all 4 sides.Not a great big deal. I have a lot of repeatable files that are set in the upper left of the page and I would have to change them all as I use them if I can't fix this.
    Attached Files Attached Files

Took me a minute to see your margins, the dashed lines are a bit covered by the group outline(?)--

Me & the BIL tried to reproduce your margins as a "Corel problem", and couldn't--

Based on messing with different printers and drivers I have, IMO your margins ARE
    being put their by your machine's print driver.

Only suggestion I have is to go to your printers menu, and go thru the printer properties.
    Click every tab, and every 'advanced' option. Look for anything referring to margins or edges,
    OR, "scaling"- if you find 'scaling' make sure it's set to 100%- My Canon printer
    got scaled down somehow once, probably by me trying to print a large PDF,
    and it's forever kept the new scaling %, which is something ridiculous like 18%
    and it drives me nuts. (print's emails so small you can't read them)
    ========================================
    ELEVEN - rotary cutter tool machines
    FOUR - CO2 lasers
    THREE- make that FOUR now - fiber lasers
    ONE - vinyl cutter
    CASmate, Corel, Gravostyle