Thread: I need a solution

I need a solution

Hello,

i will try to explain on my poor english what I need.

I have to engrave text on a thousands of plates with different sizes, with different number of rows.
    I do this that I write text in Corel and then export to Artcam. In Artcam I set position of every plate to coordinate 0,0 and then make pathtool.
    Then I save pathtool for every single plate. This is very slow procedure.

Does anyone know for the better solution?

plocice_mesing.jpg
    Epilog Mini 24/35W, Shenhui 600x900/80W RECI, CNC WK1325, Galvo Fiber 10W

Id research fixturing and offsets. Each plate should have a spot. Using a G offset will engrave each plate in its spot.
    Glad its my shop I am responsible for - I only have to make me happy.

Are you engraving them on the lasers? If so, which laser? That's the perfect job for lasering and you don't need to do anything in artcam.
    Lasers : Trotec Speedy 300 75W, Trotec Speedy 300 80W, Galvo Fiber Laser 20W
    Printers : Mimaki UJF-6042 UV Flatbed Printer , HP Designjet L26500 61" Wide Format Latex Printer, Summa S140-T 48" Vinyl Plotter
    Router : ShopBot 48" x 96" CNC Router Rotary Engravers : (2) Xenetech XOT 16 x 25 Rotary Engravers

Real name Steve but that name was taken on the forum. Used Middle name. Call me Steve or Scott, doesn't matter.

My costumer need deep engraving and I do it with my CNC router. I made a vise for that job and I always make one plate at the time. X,Y zero is on center of plates.
    Epilog Mini 24/35W, Shenhui 600x900/80W RECI, CNC WK1325, Galvo Fiber 10W

Zlatko...
    You may wish to look into the Plate Production feature in Vectric's VCarve Pro or Aspire if ArtCAM does not have it.
    Gary Campbell
    CNC Replacement & Upgrade Controllers
    Custom 9012 Centroid ATC

Vectic's plate feature will work, I honestly don't know how well. I haven't looked seriously at the Vectric option. We use Gravostyle which has a similar feature. The good thing about the Gravostyle software is I can set text length and use a variable and it will automatically condense the text. It's software designed for engraving so it would probably be the best software to program this. I think you'd be shocked how quickly it can setup this job. I believe Engravelab offers a similarly efficient way of doing things.

As for the rest of the job, you're going to want to standardize things as much as possible. Having 50 different setups for 1 style of plate will be overwhelming. A job like this is already a complete grind. Having a nightmare of a setup will just make the job a complete burden. For example, for Plate Style A, make 4 templates. 1 line, 2 line, 3 line, and 4 line. Then insert your variable data and let the software do the hard work.
    Equipment: IS400, IS6000, VLS 6.60, LS100, HP4550, Ricoh GX e3300n, Hotronix STX20
    Software: Adobe Suite & Gravostyle 5
    Business: Trophy, Awards and Engraving

Take a peek at the feature and learn how it works here: http://support.vectric.com/tutorials...ction_PRO.html
    Gary Campbell
    CNC Replacement & Upgrade Controllers
    Custom 9012 Centroid ATC