Thread: Posting stuff from magazine archive

Posting stuff from magazine archive

I am reviewing my archives of FWW, ShopNotes, and Woodsmith, and have run across, infrequently, some cool things to post.

Normally, just a neat idea or oddball tool.

Is that OK? Do you know of a reason why the publisher might object as long as proper credit is given?
    David
    Confidence: That feeling you get before fully understanding a situation (Anonymous)

They sell back issues and digital archives, and offer online access to old articles for a fee. You may be cutting into their market by posting them. They own the copyright (I'm sure) and have the right to prohibit others from publishing their content. I wouldn't post it.

Probably the best way to go.

I had considered it free advertising to inspire other folks to buy the entire archive.
    David
    Confidence: That feeling you get before fully understanding a situation (Anonymous)

Blog Entries
    I used to try to remember to mention that registration or a subscription is required if I linked something that required it. I have found it easier to tell the name and issue number of a magazine where I see something interesting.
    "A hen is only an egg's way of making another egg".

– Samuel Butler

Quote Originally Posted by glenn bradley View Post
    I have found it easier to tell the name and issue number of a magazine where I see something interesting.
    Yah, that's a really good approach for several reasons. Glad you thought of it Glenn.
    "All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing."

“If you want to know what a man's like, take a good look at how he treats his inferiors, not his equals.”