Well, most of the typography discussion got moved to Communication here: http://www.sawmillcreek.org/showthre...-Communication

Yes, one of my co-workers bought a copy of Helvetica, and save for the one or two places where they showed Arial where it should have been Helvetica, it was fine when I watched it w/ my daughter — there might have been one or two places where I commented on it, but it’s been a while. The overuse of Helvetica has always disappointed me, and it’s one of the typefaces I don’t choose to use and replace where possible (Adrian Frutiger’s Univers is a favorite, I just wish the “Q” where less idiosyncratic).

Trying to find time for another read-through of the book, not sure what sort of schedule the Lost Art Press folks are on for a reprint, but I guess I’ll have to buy a second copy even if all they do is fix the typos. Christopher Schwarz did respond that he’d seen my comments / corrections on the blog and Megan Fitzpatrick sent me a PM here.

Oh well, yet another instance of buying a contemporary book and being really disappointed — the previous one I actually licensed the rights for, fixed the most egregious errors and reprinted. Guess it’s back to just reading what the local library will put on their shelves, until Donald Knuth puts out another book I’m interested in.